2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th September 2015, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Importance Of IRDA Exam

As you are looking for the details and the importance about the IRDA exam. Here I will help you to gather information about the exam. For your comfort zone.

As you are asking for the Importance of IRDA exam. Here I would like to inform you that. After fighting this exam you will be an Insurance agent. It means you will help others and convince them to have a life insurance policy for there safety for there safety.

By preparing for this exam you have gain good knowledge about different types of insurance policy running in the world. IRDA Exam fee for each entry form is Rs.200.

Here I’m providing you the exam pattern of IRDA. Have glance on it.
IRDA Exam consists of short answer type question of the form of:
Fill Ups
Yes – No
Right –Wrong
Match the Column
Multiple choice Answers

Here I’m providing you IRDA Exam Syllabus. Please go through it
IRDA Exam relates question about Insurance, loans, regulations and their general application.

Address:-
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
3rd Floor, Parisrama Bhavan, Basheer Bagh HYDERABAD 500 004
Telangana State (INDIA )

Ph: (040) 23381100
Fax: (040) 6682 3334
17th May 2016, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Importance of IRDA Exam

Hello sir I am here as I want to get the information related to IRDA Exam so will you please provide me the information about this exam??
17th May 2016, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Importance of IRDA Exam

The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority or IRDA was formed in the year 1999 based on an Act of Parliament. The IRDA was established to regulate the growth of the Insurance sector in India and to protect the interest of the ordinary policyholders.

The IRDA examination is conducted for the two categories of Insurance – Life Insurance and General Insurance and they are individually known as the pre recruitment Examination for Life Insurance Agents and Pre recruitment Examinations for General Insurance Agents.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic Qualification

Candidate interested to take IRDA exam should be +2 from a recognized school/board.

Age Limit
Candidates aspiring to take IRDA Exam should not be below 18 years of age however there is no upper age limit for taking IRDA Exam for becoming an LIC agent.

Pattern of the Examination

The IRDA pre recruitment examination is a two hour long online test and carries 100 marks. The Examination consists of only objective type questions including many questions testing the numerical abilities of the candidate.

In order to clear the IRDA pre recruitment examination a candidate has to get atleast 50% marks.

Syllabus for IRDA Examination

General Insurance covers -

Introduction to Insurance, Principles of General Insurance, Insurance Documents, Theory and Practice of Rating, Legislative and Regulatory Matters, Fire Insurance, Marine Insurance, Motor Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Engineering Insurance, Miscellaneous Insurance-I and II, Claims, Rural Insurances, Government Schemes For Social Sector, Risk Management, Personal Development, Behavioral Aspects, Fundamentals of Agency Law, Procedure For Becoming An Agent, Functions Of The Agent, Salesmanship and Organization.

Life Insurance covers –
Introduction to Insurance, Fundamentals of Agency Law, Legislative And Regulatory Matters, Procedure For Becoming an Agent, Functions Of The Agent, Organization, Fundamental Principles Of Life Insurance, Financial Planning and Taxation, Insurance Salesmanship, Computation Of Premiums/Bonuses, Insurance Documents, Life Insurance Products, Agency Commission Structure , Claims, Insurance In The Rural / Social Sectors, Group Insurance & Pension Plans, Options, Guarantees & Riders etc.

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in