2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

IITM Rules

Hello sir, I am Jogeshwar Dutt. I am from Chennai. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the IIT Madras hostel rules. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rules of Migration in MDU
IITM Hostel Rules
MBA cet rules
Rules of LPU
IIT KGP rules
UGC Net Rules
Rules for GRE
MT CET Rules
Rules Of IIT JEE
Rules of NDA
MMA TKO Rules
Rules of JEE Main
KCET Rules
Rules CG PET
IITM EE Stores IITM EE
Rtu rules
CCS CCA Rules PDF
DU Rules
CCS LTC Rules PDF
UGC CAS Rules
26th February 2016, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IITM Rules

As you have asked about the IIT Madras hostel rules, I am giving you information about it
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, is a residential Institute and hence all students are required to reside in the hostels.

Statutorily, hostel accommodation is available to Preparatory Course (P.C.)/ B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A. / Dual Degree students,only during a working semester. No P C/ B.Tech/ M.Sc./ M.A/ Dual Degree student will have a right to occupation of a room during vacation.

Hostel accommodation is available to M.Tech. / MBA students for a maximum length of stay of four Semesters / Eight Quarters only. They can retain the rooms during vacation.

All residents are required to maintain standards of behavior expected to students of prestigious institution such as IIT Madras. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with every one, both inside and outside the campus.

All residents are required to carry their valid Identity Cards / Smart Cards issued to them by the Institute.

All the students are expected to be back in the hostels before 11.00 pm. If any students wishes to be away from the hostel during weekend, holidays or any other time, he / she has to take prior permission from the Warden.

Rooms are allotted to each student on his / her personal responsibility.

Students should co - operate in carrying out maintenance work and vacate their rooms completely when the Hostel Management requires the rooms for this purpose.

The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his / her occupancy of that room and will be required to make the good the damage if any.

IIT Madras Hostel rules

For more details you can refer to the attached file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT Madras Hostel rules.pdf (92.7 KB, 176 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in