2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Iitk gate

I have completed my BE engineering degree and want to prepare for the GATE exam for taking admission in the IIT Kanpur for doing higher studies. Will you please tell how to take admission here through GATE and tell me minimum qualifying marks?
Similar Threads
Thread
New SAC IITK
Ce iitk
IITK Cut Off for GATE
Iitk mit
IITK ac Gate Syllabus
Iitk-vt
Is non Gate CS and Gate covers the same syllabus for CS
IITK GATE Admit Card
Iitk mse
IITK GATE Form
Ifl iitk
Ifl iitk
IITK X-Ray
Damodar Valley Corporation Gate through Gate
Ai iitk
IITK GATE Key
Ynm iitk
Which one GATE is the toughest one in the history of GATE exams?
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
IITK Gate Ac
5th January 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Iitk gate

I would like to know the eligibility for appearing for GATE Examination as I am interested in pursuing a course from IIT, Kanpur?
5th January 2016, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Iitk gate

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also known as GATE 2016 is National level examination. This entrance test offers various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in science. GATE is jointly held by The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Madras Guwahati, Kharagpur, Kanpur and Roorkee).

Steps for applying for GATE form are mentioned below:

Step 1: Aspirants can receive the application form from the website of the respective Zonal GATE offices or from the website of GATE organizing Institute.

Step 2: Aspirants have to register by filling their Name, Mobile number, email ID and GOAPS password as mentioned in the form.

GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment and you must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS.

Step 3: Aspirants are required to fill their personal, academics and other details as mentioned in the form.

Step 4: After filling up the form Aspirants need to upload their recent passport size photograph of JPEG format (minimum pixel 240 * 320) and signature (minimum 80*120) and Certificate from principal (duly signed and stamped by Principal)

Step 5: Aspirants need pay their application fees to complete the procedure online through Debit/ Credit Card.

Application fees for GATE Examination:

Male Applicants (General/ OBC)
Rs 1500/-
Women Candidates of any category
Rs 750/-
Other Candidates (General/OBC)
Rs 1500/-
SC/ ST/ PwD* Applicants
Rs 750/-

GATE Examination PatternDetail:
GATE 2016 is a computer based online test.
The Paper include 65 multiple choice and numerical answer type questions of 100 marks out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
Time for the test will be about three hours.
GATE 2016 questions will consists of two different types in various papers:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections.
Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in