2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2015, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Iitgn ma

I want to about IIT Gandhinagar offered course M.A. (Master of Arts) in Society and Culture. What is the eligibility, marking system, syllabus and admission procedure for this program?
Similar Threads
Thread
IITGN Staff
IITGN M Tech
IITGN Convocation
Ee iitgn
IITGN Society And Culture
IITGN Cut off
Spo iitgn
IITGN Gandhinagar
IITGN Address
IITGN Faculty
IITGN PhD
16th April 2018, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: Iitgn ma

I am searching for curriculum of MA in Society and Culture Program offering by Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN). So tell me on which site I can download curriculum of MA in Society and Culture Program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar?
16th April 2018, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Iitgn ma

The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar was established in 2008.

The Institute is one of top Engineering Institutions in Gujarat and India.

It offers following Courses:

B.Tech
M.Tech
MBA
MA in Society and Culture
M.SC
Ph.D

The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences offers MA in Society and Culture Program.

MA in Society and Culture:

Eligibility Criteria:
Bachelors degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks

The IITGN conducts an Entrance Exam for admission in this PG Program.

Duration:
2 Years Full Time

Important Dates:
Last date for submitting applications: January 22, 2018

Web announcement of short-listed candidates: January 29, 2018

Test and interview: March 10-11, 2018

Web announcement of selected candidates: March 19, 2018

Last date for payment of fees: April 19, 2018

Curriculum:

Core Courses: Perspectives in History, Perspectives on Politics, Critical Approaches to Anthropology and Sociology, Perspectives on Indian Civilization, Theoretical Perspectives in Literary Studies, Research Methods in Social Sciences and Humanities.

Literature & Society Track Electives (Indicative): Reading English in English Classical Indian Literature, India Through the Writers Eye, World literature and Readings from Bengal, South Asia through Literature.

History & Politics Track Electives (Indicative): History of Modern India (1930-1964) Paradox of Indian Democracy, Social History of Dissent Mobs, Crowds and Citizens: Democracy and Mass Mobilisation in India, Global Poverty and Developmental Aid.

Public Policy and Human Development: Introduction to Demography: Population Measures and Social Processes, Global Poverty & Development Aid, Disease, Health & Inequality, Human Development: Theory, Measures and Policies, Education in Modern India: History, Policies & Process of Reforms, Theories of social epidemiology.

Contact Details
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Palaj, Gandhinagar
382355, India

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in