2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th August 2015, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Roorkee Research Awards

Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Department of Electrical Engineering research awards are listed below:

Honors & awards

Dr. H.K. Verma
Received Merit Certificate for the paper “Adaptive Digital Differential Protection of Transformer Improvement Over Fixed Bias Scheme” published in the Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), vol.76, Feb. 1996. Co-Author r. R.P. Maheshwari.

Dr. J.D. Sharma
Received Best Paper award for the paper “A decision tree method for line flows and bus voltage estimation” in National Conference on Power Engineering Practices and Energy Management held at TIET Patiala during Jan. 28-29, 2005.

Dr. H.O. Gupta
Certificate Merit, Institution of Engineers (India)-1985

“An algorithm for solving nonlinear electronic circuit equations, Year: 1985, with: Dr. J.D. Sharma
Certificate ofMerit from theInstitution of Engineers (India)

“Investigation of Power System Voltage Security Analysis Under Critical Loading Conditions”, 1993-94, with Dr. V. Bhanot & Prof. J.D. Sharma
Certificate ofMerit from theInstitution of Engineers (India)

“Adaptive Coordination of Directional Over Current Relays of Electrical Power Systems Using Network Decomposition Approach”, 1994-95 with Dr. N.A. Laway
Silver Medal and Cash Prizeof Rs.500/- Khosla Annual Research Prize-1989

“New One-Cycle static blocking scheme for inrush in differential relay”, 1989, with Dr. B.T. Desai & Prof. M.K. Vasantha
Best Research Paper Award by “Hari Ohm Ashram Preit Shri Bhaikaka Inter University Smark Trust” Sardar Patel University.

“New One-Cycle static blocking scheme for inrush in differential relay”, 1991 with Dr. B.T. Desai & Prof. M.K. Vasantha
CBIP Best Research Award

“A Novel approach to computation of energy of non-linear loads”, 1992-93, with Dr. (Ms.) Indra Gupta, Mr. S.K. Joshi and others
Khosla Award Cash Prize of Rs. 1500/- and a Medal, IIT, Roorkee.

“New Reduction Technique for Distribution Feeders”, 2001-02, with Dr. (Ms.) Indra Gupta and Prof. M.K. Vasantha

Dr. S.P. Gupta
Received Ministry of Energy, Department of Power Medal for 1998-99 for Research Paper “Investigation on Static Energy Recovery System Operated in Generating Mode”. Published in JIE (India), Vol.79, Aug. 1998. Co-authors: Dr. Pramod Agarwal and Mr. B.Shankar.
Received Railway Board’s Award (2006): Certificate of Award on Paper Wavelet based Vibration Monitoring for Detection of Faults of Ball Bearings of Rotating Machines, published in JIE (India) in Sept. 2005.

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Ist IETE-R S Khandpur Medical Instrumentation Gold Medal in recognition of life time achievements, IETE New Delhi-2006.
Outstanding Teachers Award, IIT Roorkee-2005.
The Brij Mohanlal Memorial Prize, Institution of Engineers(I)-2005.
KS Krishanan Award, Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication(IETE)-2004.
Khosla Cash Prize, IIT Roorkee (UOR Roorkee)-2001.
Khosla Annual Research Prize, IIT Roorkee (UOR Roorkee)-1994.
Certificate of Merit, I.E. (I)-1994.
Certificate of Merit, I.E. (I)-1990.

Dr.Pramod Agarwal
Certificate of merit on a paper published in the Journal of Institution of Engineers (India) in 1994
Received the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Memorial Medal for the year 2001 of the Institution of Engineers (I) for his paper “Parameter Plane Synthesis of a Current Source Inverter Fed Induction Motor Drive” co-authored by Prof. V.K. Verma.

Dr. G.K. Singh
Received the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Memorial Medal for the year 1997-98 of the Institution of Engineers (I) for his paper “Dual Convergence Approach-a Two way Approach to the Design of Optimum Converter-Motor Pair for Asynchronous Drives” co-authored by Prof. M. Bhattacharya, Director Inst. of Technology, BHU, Varanasi.

Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Best paper presentation award in the area of large scale systems on the paper entitled “Pade type model order reduction using polynomial derivatives” at National System Conference-1996 held at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruanantapuram.
Best paper presentation award in National System Conference-99 for the paper “Reduction by Linear Time Invariant Multioutput System Using Routh’s Algorithm”.
Received best paper presentation award from System Society of India at NSC held at IIT Kharagpur during Dec.17-19, 2003.
Received Best Paper Award for the paper “Recent trends in handover initiation control in mobile cellular system” in the International Conference on Systems Sciences ICSXV 2004 held at Wrocklaw University of Technology, Poland during 7-10 Sept. 2004.

DR. S.P. Singh
Khosla Research award and silver Medal in 1991

Dr. R.S. Anand
Khosla Annual Research Prize, IIT Roorkee (UOR Roorkee)-1994.
Certificate of Merit, I.E. (I)-1990.

Dr. Indra Gupta
Khosla Research medal2001-2002 on paper entitled " “New Reduction Technique for Distribution feeders”, Electric machines and Power Systems,Vol 27(1999), number7. with , H.O. Gupta & M.K. Vasantha,

§ CBIP Best Research PaperAward

“A Novel approach to computation of energy of non-linear loads”, 1992-93, with Dr. H. O. Gupta, Mr. S.K. Joshi and others
Gold Medal in B. Tech for First Position in Class
Merit Scholarship throughout B. Tech

Dr. Surendra Kumar
Mentored Research Cash Award (100$) for Best Conference Paper, “ Fuzzy Reliability of A Robot Accident Using Generalized Vague Sets” presented in Spring –2006 Faculty Student Multidisciplinary International Conference held at Ruston Louisiana USA from May 24-27,2006.

Dr. S. Ghatak Choudhuri
Received Certificate of merit from Institution of Engineers (India) for the paper “DSPBased Implementation of Digital Speed Controller for Vector Controlled Induction MotorDrive” Journal of Institution of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol.85,pp.203-208. March – 2005

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in