2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th December 2015, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Mumbai GIS

Hello sir I want I want to know about the Geographic Information System (GIS) software of IIT Mumbai so please provide me information about this.
18th December 2015, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Mumbai GIS

IIT Bombay has developed a low-cost Geographic Information System (GIS) software which can be used for resource management by community development programmes, government sectors, NGOs and industries.

About the GIS

This Project is Small Demonstration of showing Multiple Data Layers (approx. 26) of IIT Bombay over Web using WMS Services.

As of Date 23rd June 2010, 10 Layers are published. These layers need more cleaning which is in process. More Layers will be added in near future.

Tools Used :

Geoserver- Provides the WMS Services

PostGIS- Database server for storing Spatial Data

OpenLayer - For displaying the Spatial Data in Graphical Map

IITB Grid is a research technology platform whose objective is to implement and novel computing, and Sense-and-control technologies.

IITB will carry out their R&D and work with partners in industry and government for demonstrations and eventual rollout of projects, technologies and applications.

A new Framework has been proposed to create Web based Geoportals.

Current Work

Remote sensing and GIS in landslide hazard zonation and mitigation measures in Idukki district, Kerala, India.

Sustainable water resource development studies in Uppar Odai river basin, Tamilnadu, India, through remote sensing and GIS.

Remote sensing and GIS for fractured aquifer system, Dharmapuri district, Tamilnadu, India.

Flood impact assessment study through Remote Sensing and GIS of Darbhanga and Madhubani districts, Bihar, India

Contact info

Part of Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400 076

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in