2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th August 2015, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

IIT Madras Thermal Engineering Syllabus

Here I am looking for Indian Institute of Technology Madras ME Thermal Engineering Syllabus to start attend classes for course, so will you please provide here???
Similar Threads
Thread
Syllabus mechanical engineering IIT madras
IIT Madras Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering
NPTI PGDC In Thermal Engineering
Career Options after Master of Technology in Thermal Engineering
IIT Madras Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
Job in thermal power station after Electronics and communication engineering
Thermal Engineering Anna University Question Paper
IIT Madras Thermal
PG Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering Admission
National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd Trainee Chemist Exam pattern and syllabus
Thermal Engineering question paper??
Summer training in Kota Thermal Power Plant after 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering
Colleges for M. Tech Thermal Engineering in Maharashtra
Syllabus Petroleum Engineering IITM Madras
After B.Tech Electrical And Electronics PG Diploma In Thermal Power Plant Engineering
National Thermal Power Corporation Assistant Chemist Trainee Exam Syllabus
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited Electronics and Communication syllabus
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited syllabus of Electronics of Diploma Trainee
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited Trainee Chemist Exam syllabus
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited GET Electrical Engineering last year quest
24th August 2015, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras Thermal Engineering Syllabus

As you need Indian Institute of Technology Madras ME Thermal Engineering Syllabus, here I am giving:

ME Thermal Engineering

UNIT I
GAS POWER CYCLES

Otto, Diesel, Dual, Brayton cycles, Calculation of mean effective pressure, and air standardefficiency - Actual and theoretical PV diagram of four stroke and two stroke engines

UNIT II
INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES

Classification - Components and their function - Valve timing diagram and port timingdiagram - Comparison of two stroke and four stroke engines - Carburettor system,Diesel pump and injector system.
Performance calculation - Comparison of petrol and diesel engine - Lubrication system and Cooling system - Battery and Magneto Ignition System – Formation of exhaust emission in SI and CI engines

UNIT III
STEAM NOZZLES AND TURBINES

Flow of steam through nozzles, shapes of nozzles, effect of friction, critical pressure ratio, supersaturated flow, Impulse and Reaction principles, compounding, velocitydiagram for simple and multi-stage turbines, speed regulations –Governors.

UNIT IV
AIR COMPRESSOR

Classification and working principle of various types of compressors, work of compression with and without clearance, Volumetric efficiency, Isothermal efficiency and Isentropic efficiency of reciprocating compressors, Multistage air compressor and inter cooling –work of multistage air compressor

UNIT V
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING

Vapour compression refrigeration cycle- super heat, sub cooling – Performance calculations - working principle of vapour absorption system, Ammonia –Water, Lithium

bromide –water systems (Description only) - Alternate refrigerants – Comparison between vapour compression and absorption systems - Air conditioning system: Types, Working Principles - Psychrometry, Psychrometric chart - Cooling Load calculations - Concept of RSHF, GSHF, ESHF -(Use of standard thermodynamic tables, Mollier diagram, Psychrometric chart and refrigerant property tables are permitted in the examination)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in