2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th July 2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras M Tech Admission through GATE

The Indian Institute of Technology Madras is also known as IIT Madras or IIT-M. It is an autonomous public engineering and research institution which is located in the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

It was established in 1959.

You are looking for the details regarding the M Tech Admission through GATE. So I am providing it to you:

The admission is being provided by the institute on the basis of the GATE Exam. The candidate must have cleared the GATE exam to take admission in M Tech from this inctitute.

General Eligibility:

Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from any of the educational Institutions approved by AICTE/Government or

Candidate must have Master's degree in Chemistry / Life Science / Mathematics / Physics / related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government or

The Degrees must be obtained by the Candidate through Distance Education/Correspondence Mode for the qualifying degree specified in [(i) or (ii)]. In such case test/interview procedure for screening will be taken by the Department.

Associate Membership holders of the professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines are from the following:

The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
The Aeronautical Society of India (AMAeSI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures and propulsions streams)
The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIM)
The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMIIChemE)
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE)

I am providing you the prospectus for the admission for more details:

Information Brochure for M.Tech. Admission 2015, IIT Madras

Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Beside Adyar Cancer Institute, Opposite to C.L.R.I, Sardar Patel Rd, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
044 2257 8280

Map:
[MAP]Indian Institute of Technology Madras[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in