2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

IIT Madras Auv

Hello ! sir I am Nalesh and I want to see the awesome work of the students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras I am talking about the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) developed by the students of IIT Madras???? Can you please provide the link of the website from where I can able to view the video or any kind of details related to AUV of IIT Madras??????
Similar Threads
Thread
Rsi iit madras
MSC in IIT Madras
IIT Madras TI
HPC IIT Madras
GIS IIT Madras
IIT KGP Vs IIT Madras
How To Get Into IIT Madras
Is There MCA In IIT Madras
IIT Madras SRF
JEE IIT Madras
Madras IIT MBA
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
MS Phd IIT Madras
MBA IIT Madras
IIT Madras BBA
IIT Madras VSC
IIT Madras NSS
MBA at IIT Madras
KV IIT Madras
CEP IIT Madras
20th January 2020, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Madras Auv

Can you tell me in detail about the AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) made by the Students of IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) in 2016?
20th January 2020, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras Auv

In 2016, about 30 students from IIT Madras came together to build an autonomous underwater vehicle, which travel underwater without human control. It was an audacious goal. The students' immediate objective was to participate in an international competition, but they had a far more useful long-term agenda on their minds.

The team of IIT Madras students have built a vehicle that has won the first prize of the Indian leg of the RoboSub competition, and earned a free trip to the international RoboSub competition in San Diego. With some more development, it can become a commercial product in the future.

One potential customer for autonomous underwater vehicles in India would be the Railways, which often sends people or remotely-piloted vehicles underwater for inspecting bridges. There are other uses for them too, like inspecting submerged pipes and studying lake or ocean floors.

These are risky activities for people, and remote control becomes difficult as the distance from the shore increases. The only Indian institution that has developed autonomous vehicles is the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) made by the Students of IIT Madras in 2016

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in