2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT JEE eligibility

As you want info with the detail for eligibility criteria of IIT JEE exam so here in same info for you:

You must have studied Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects

You must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology)

You must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects

You must be born on or after October 1, 1989 to be considered for the JEE Main 2014.

If you belong to SC/ST/PwD then you can get relaxation of the upper age limit by 5 years.

If you belong to SC/ST/PwD then you must be born on or after October 1, 1984 and date of Birth as mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be taken as the correct one.

For get info with the detail here I am atecheing a file which free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT JEE exam detail.pdf (831.6 KB, 37 views)
29th November 2014, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

IIT JEE Eligibility

Can you tell me if I am eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with PCM percentage of 56% and overall 62%?
29th November 2014, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT JEE Eligibility

Yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with PCM percentage of 56% and overall 62%. Eligibility Criteria in IIT-JEE Qualifying Examination is as follows:

Candidates belonging to the GE and DS categories need to score 60% or more marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Exam.

Candidates belonging to the SC, ST, and PD categories must secure 55% or more marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Exam.

Candidates who wish to write JEE Advanced must write Paper – I of JEE Main. Only top 1,50,000 candidates ( including all categories ) who qualify in Paper – I of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.

Distribution of top 1,50,000 candidates across various categories is as follows :
Top 75750 ( 50.5 % ) Common Merit List
Top 40500 ( 27% ) Other Backward Classes – Non creamy layer OBC ( NCL )
Top 22500 ( 15 % ) Scheduled Caste ( SC )
Top 11250 ( 7.5 % ) Scheduled Tribe ( ST )

3% of the total candidates in each category are reserved for PD candidates as per GoI norms.

Minimum Marks in JEE Advanced Qualifying Examination ( QE ) :

Admission to IITs and ISM Dhanbad is based only on category wise All India Rank ( AIR ) in JEE Advanced, subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in respective categories.

For candidates who passed the Board exam for the first time, the eligibility criteria for admission to any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad is 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST / PD) in their 12th Standard or equivalent qualifying exam.

IIT JEE Eligibility

Attached Files
File Type: pdf JEE-MAIN 2014 Question Paper and Solution.pdf (1.06 MB, 95 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in