2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th April 2016, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

IIT Bombay IP Policy

Hello sir, I am Jimmy Shergill. I am from Mumbai. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Intellectual Property (IP) Policy of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
VTU Grace Policy
MBA Attendance Policy
MBA public policy
Public Policy SMU
Indian Institute Of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
GAIL CSR Policy
OICL Policy
Best Insurance Policy
MBA Public Policy
AIG CGL Policy
SBI Life Policy
HAL Recruitment Policy
Policy of MTDC
JNU IT Policy
IP Policy IIT Kharagpur
IIT Bombay Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
IBA admission policy
RGU Admissions Policy
Policy Institutes Dc
Rbi Policy Announcement
25th April 2016, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Bombay IP Policy

As you have asked about the Intellectual Property (IP) Policy of IIT Bombay, I am giving you some information about it, check below for the details

This policy is applicable to all the IITB Personnel – students, faculty, staff, researchers and others related.

Ownership

The IP policy has to be accepted and signed by all IITB Personnel. IITB owns all the Intellectual Property (IP) that is produced by all IITB personnel.

Disclosure

IITB encourages timely disclosure of all potential IP / Inventions / Innovations generated (conceived or reduced to practice in whole or in part) by members of the faculty or staff (including research staff, doctoral students, students and visiting scholars) of the Institute in the course of their Institute related activities.

IP Licensing and Agreements

IITB understands the legitimate commercial needs and the security required in the form of IP especially for breakthrough technologies.

Licensing Types

The type of license provided will depend on the nature of the invention / innovation. IITB, being a Government of India funded institute, encourages non exclusive licensing towards wider deployment of innovations being developed at the Institute. Under certain exceptions, IITB might consider exclusive licensing.

For more details, you can refer to the attached file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT Bombay IP Policy.pdf (230.3 KB, 124 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in