2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th November 2015, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIST Previous Years Solved Papers

ISAT is an Entrance Test conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) for the admissions to the Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech) at IIST

ISAT Entrance Test question paper

Suppose the particle starts from r = 1 with a kinetic energy just enough to reach r = R. Its kinetic
energy at r = R/2 will be
(A) k/R
(B) (5/8)(k/R)
(C) (3/8)(k/R)
(D) 0

The central fringe in a Young’s double slit experiment with the He-Ne laser (λ = 632.8 nm) has intensity
I0. If one of the slits is covered by a 5µm thick film of plastic (refractive index = 1.4), the intensity
becomes I1. The ratio I1/I0 is close to
(A) 3/16
(B) 1/4
(C) 1/2
(D) ¾

A polarizer is introduced in the path of a beam of unpolarized light incident on a block of transparent
material (refractive index = p3). The polarizer can be placed such that its axis is parallel (P) or normal
(N) to the plane of incidence. The incident beam makes an angle θ with the surface of the block. The
light will be completely transmitted if
(A) θ = 30◦ and the polarizer is placed in P
(B) θ = 30◦ and the polarizer is placed in N
(C) θ = 60◦ and the polarizer is placed in P
(D) θ = 60◦ and the polarizer is placed in N

A submarine traveling at 10 ms−1 is chasing another one in front of it. It locates its position and
speed by sending Sonar (ultrasonic sound) towards it and recording the time of its travel and return
frequency. The frequency of the Sonar is 25000 Hz and the frequency of the reflected signal is 24900
Hz. If the speed of sound in water is 1500 ms−1, the speed of the submarine being chased is
(A) 16 ms−1
(B) 14 ms−1
(C) 13 ms−1
(D) 11 ms−1

ISAT Entrance Test question paper

For more questions here is the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISAT Entrance Test question paper.pdf (150.4 KB, 40 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in