2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

IIM Calcutta Phd

Hello Sir, I have a valid score card of UGC NET Exam 2015. Can I apply for Ph.d Program at IIM Calcutta? If the UGC NET Exam Score Card is accepted, give me details about the minimum cut off required by IIM Calcutta for research Programs? in how many areas the Ph.D Program offer by it, tell me?
Similar Threads
Thread
What is the fee of IIM Calcutta
Mim IIM Calcutta
HCL IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta WAT
WAT IIM Calcutta
MBM University of Calcutta
FDP In IIM Calcutta
Calcutta University Calcutta National Medical College
IIM Calcutta Pgp Dcm
Getting into IIM Calcutta
SMP IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta BB
Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) Kolkata
Calcutta University MBA
SMP from IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta cut off
BBA in IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta
About IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta FPM
29th January 2020, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIM Calcutta Phd

Can you tell me the eligibility requirement for admission in Doctoral Program 2020 offered by the IIMC (Indian Institute of Management Calcutta)?
29th January 2020, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM Calcutta Phd

The Doctoral Program of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta invites applications from candidates with proven academic backgrounds, who have the intellect, interest, and ingenuity to pursue doctoral studies in management sciences and related disciplines.

Applicants must possess the ability, motivation, and discipline to sustain themselves in a rigorous doctoral program for four-to-five years.

Eligibility 2020

One is required to have:

Either

First Class Master or Post graduate diploma (2 years) in any discipline and 3 year Bachelor degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate;

Or

CA with minimum 50% marks or CS/CMA with minimum 55% marks, with B.com degree;

Or

B. Tech/4 year’s degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent

Non-engineering candidates who have undergone 10+2+5 years are considered eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme. CMA (USA) candidates are also eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme.

In addition, one must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in either the Secondary or the Higher Secondary Exam of a Board (or equivalent).

One appearing for the Bachelor degree exam in Engineering or Master Degree exam in any discipline can also apply. Such a candidate, if selected, will be provisionally admitted provided one completes all requirements for obtaining the degree before 30th June 2020. Admission will remain provisional until one produces mark sheets proving that one satisfies the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year degree mark sheets is 31st December 2020.

Reservation
60% of the seats in the programme are reserved for the reserved categories (including EWS).

Admission Tests
One can apply to at most two areas of specialization. One needs to have taken the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2019 OR, depending on chosen specialization, alternative test in lieu of the CAT as specified in the following table. The test score should be valid on 20th January 2020.

One should get the GMAT scores officially reported to the Institute using the code: 9CP-HT-94.

One should get the GRE scores officially reported to the Institute using the code: 7496.

Validity of Score (other than CAT), 2 years from the date of test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in