2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th April 2016, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

IIM Bangalore Essay PI Experiences

Will you please get the Personal Interview question asked by Indian Institute of Technology Bangalore so that I can prepare for it?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIM Kozhikode GD PI Experiences
IIM interview experiences
MBA HBS Essay
CAT GD PI Experiences
NITIE GD/PI Experiences
Essay MBA
MIT Essay
UNC MBA essay
UCB MBA Essay
MBA Essay
Ucb MBA essay
Why MBA now essay
NITIE GD PI Experiences
IAS essay
MBA Essay
NMIMS Interview Experiences
Essay for SSC
How to MBA Essay
UPSC Interview Experiences
TAPMI Interview Experiences
6th April 2016, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM Bangalore Essay PI Experiences

Ya sure buddy I will get the Personal Interview question asked by Indian Institute of Technology Bangalore so that you can check them easily.

Here I’m telling you some question of PI round
M – Tell me about iRunway,
Me – told, explained in layman’s terms too.
SI (very rude tone, that was prevalent throughout my interview so won’t write it again. throughout means every single sentence he spoke in the interview, seemingly dissatisfied with everything I said) –
Why did you leave Infosys in just 4 months?
Me – told , wasn’t learning enough…(cut in between)
SI – How can you expect to learn so much in 4 months when people take 35 years and they are still learning ?
Me – Told specific examples how I wasn’t learning there, then said 4 months is a long time sir.
SI – How is 4 months a long time, what proportion is it of 35 years ?
Me – Fumbling, “1/4..(cut in between) – not even 2 seconds to calculate.
SI – 1/4 … see he doesn’t know mathematics.
Me – Sir 1/3thirtyfi…(cut in between again).
SI – what is this chicago 2011 written in ur SOP, read out lines ?
Me – Sir, this is an initiative I took while working in Infosys, told them about it, and said how the current version of product is based on it !
SI – So what is this roller skating (hockey), what is hockey doing in it?
Me – Sir, roller skating is bifurcated into Speed Racing and Hockey and I played roller skating (hockey).
SI – How do you play, like ur on skates and u have a hockey in hand, seems similar to ice skating?
Me – Yes sir, it is similar but the surface on which it is played is different.
SI – do we play it in India ? I haven’t heard this apart from ice skating
Me – Yes sir, it’s played on national level, even international but ice skating is a huge game in comparison to it.
M – Did you play in IIT Kanpur (not my IIT)? Do they have a skating rink ? the guy was gettin confused about the time when I played it
Me – No sir I didn’t play , there’s no skating rink in my IIT and I am not sure if IIT Kanpur has it !
SI (pitches in) – He played it when he was in school not in college.
Me – what is the difference between roller skating hockey and simple hockey ?
SI – told how the hockey stick (told them using gestures that roller stick is this long and has this much amount of curve and the other simple hockey stick is this long and this curve…. looked like a fool ) is different but drag-flick approach is same. started to tell about skating rink interrupted
SI – So you have started your SOP by saying that you have met Abdul Kalam ?
Me – yes, Sir met him on Date when he was the president.
M – Can you tell me what 2020 means in this context ?
Me – Abdul Kalam stated that India will be a developed country by 2020,,gave some fundaes on GDP growth rate, etc. (interrupted).
M – Have you read his India 2020 book ?
Me – No sir,
SI – No point asking him about it since he hasn’t read it.
SI – Do you follow Hockey (our national game) ?
Me – I do keep in touch with what is going around in that sport.
SI – Can you tell me any change of rules that have taken place in the last 10 years in this game ?
Me – I really don’t know about the change of rules, just that I keep in touch with the happenings in Indian hockey team.
SI – you wrote “satiated” word in your SOP. what do you mean by it. Do you use such words in ur daily communication ?
Me – It means satisfied and I do sometimes use this particular word alot.
SI – what is this ? “ideas stemming from real life incidents” ?
Me – told how during the speech of Manmohan Singh in our IIT, I got the idea of a speech highlight reader and I implemented that. I have always lived by applying what I learn.
SI – You have gone to Germany ? What did you do there ?
Me – Sir , it was a speech analysis system for cleft lip and palate students (interrupted).
SI – What you did during your internship , that was the same when u built a speech highlight reader and that you spoke of manmohan singh and all is just a figment of your imagination?
Me – No Sir, those are two different things. In one there is speech recognition and in the other it’s speech detection.
F – What’s the difference ?
Me – explained and convinced.
F – So How many team members have your worked with ?
Me – max 6, sometimes 4.
F – Have you interacted with your customers ?
Me – Yes , I led the project when I was in U.S, working with the lawyers in the law firm for 50 days while my team members were in India. Handled the infringement theories of 3 defendants while distributing sub-tasks to my team members in India. But if your talking about corporations who are involved in lawsuits, then No, haven’t interacted with them (they are not our customers).
F – Ok. again, how many team members have you worked with ?
Me – It actually varies, the max is around 6 . The job we have is pretty dynamic, we get pulled out of projects at times if our requirement is somewhere else where I will be more efficient. Get to work in a lot of teams due to it. So , worked with 2 members and max 6.
M – So what is your goal ? why do you want to do after MBA ?
Me – Sir I want to go into strategy consulting having set my base in the consulting field in iRunway.
M – Do you know any strategy consultants who helped Indian companies ?
Me – Sir, C.K.Prahlad. He was the consultant to various companies such as Taj hotels, HUL,etc.
SI – But he has passed away, some 3-4 years back.
Me – Sir, two years back, April 2010.
SI – So, you played cricket, oh you captained a team in this cricket tournament ?
Me – told about that tournament.
SI – Tell me, If a ball has bounced outside offstump but gets to hit the wicket, will it be an LBW (Something like that)? (WHY SUCH QUESTIONS)
Me – No sir, the balls need to be pitched in the line of stumps.
SI – So (some modification related to the same in the context of leg stumps) ?
Me – I think it would be the same but I am not sure. to be honest, I am not quite a big fan of cricket Sir. I love football though.
SI – What kind of Football ?
Me – English Socce (interrupted)
SI – No, No, What league england, spain ?
Me – Sir English Premier League and I am a fan of Chelsea.
SI – Tell me how many european championships have Chelsea won ? (the guy had knowledge in football)
Me – Never Sir.
SI – Okay, tell me a great management guy in football ?
Me – Sir, Jose Mourinho, he was won everything wherever he went.
SI – No, he just won two EPL titles with Chelsea and then nothing significant at real madrid ?
Me – (interrupting) Sir, he went to Inter, won Serie A and champions league as well and now Real Madrid is on the brink of capturing the La Liga after a long time.
SI – We all know how real madrid is gona lose at the end ?
Me – No Sir, I am sure they will win the title, no doubts about that (again interrupting me)
SI – Oh, Leave it I know they are not gona win…
M – So can you tell me top consulting firms ?
Me – AT Kearney, Mckinsey, Boston Consulting group… those are the ones I have heard of.
M – Okay, can you tell me a management consultancy in the field of sports ?
Me – hmmm, I am sorry sir . I don’t have an idea!
SI – Tell me one management consultant from India.
Me – was gona say C.K.prahlad (interrupted)
SI – he was is news for the last 6 months, we have heard so much abt him .
Me – I don’t know Sir.
M – Okay, we are done.
SI – would you like to ask some questions ?
Me – yes sir, how does the curriculum gets updated over here and how frequently is it updated ?
SI – gave some fundaes and everything.
Me – So, is there any role for students to play in it ?
SI- yea their feedback is taken into account .
Me – So aren’t they involved in real-time faculty meetings. Actually, I was the batch representative and got the feedback from students and presented it before and I did sit in the real time meetings to update the curriculum. so wanted to know how’s it done over here !
SI – yea, they are not involved in the meetings but we do try to take feedback from them.
Me- thank you Sir,
M – thanks,
F- Nice meeting you.
Me – Thanks
About to leave , stood up, about to walk out then I said this to SI

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in