2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd June 2015, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

IGNOU or DU

Sir I have done 12th in PCM and now I want to do B.Sc . Would you tell me which Institute is better among Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) or Delhi University (DU) for B.Sc ? Please provide me their Ranking and last year Result for B.Sc students .
Similar Threads
Thread
DCE from IGNOU
MBA hhm ignou
MBA IT From IGNOU
Nac mit ignou
Ignou aom 1
Jss ignou
Ignou kkd
BTC from IGNOU
Amt-01 ignou
Ignou mps
MBA at IGNOU
Ignou tn
Rbu ignou
B.Ed with IGNOU
Ignou jdt
MBA IT from IGNOU
MFM In IGNOU
MBA in TQM from IGNOU
BPP Course in IGNOU
B.Ed From IGNOU
12th July 2018, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Re: IGNOU or DU

Hello sir, for engineering degree which institute is best for me from Indira Gandhi National Open University or University of Delhi?
12th July 2018, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IGNOU or DU

As per my suggestion both institutes are best choice for engineering from Indira Gandhi National Open University or University of Delhi. These are top ranked Universities.

Both Indira Gandhi National Open University or University of Delhi are provides a good educational environment.

But choice is yours. You may select one option after visiting campus of Indira Gandhi National Open University or University of Delhi.

Here is small comparison between Indira Gandhi National Open University or University of Delhi:

Indira Gandhi National Open University

Indira Gandhi National Open University is a distance learning national university located at Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India.

Named after former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, the university was established in 1985 with a budget of ₹20 million, after the Parliament of India passed the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985 (IGNOU Act 1985).

Motto The People's University
Type Public, Central University
Established 1985

IGNOU has been granted the authority to confer degrees by Clause 5(1)(iii) of the IGNOU Act 1985.

IGNOU is also recognised as a Central University by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC).

University of Delhi

Delhi University is a collegiate public central university, located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly.

Ranking:

Internationally, the University of Delhi was ranked 481-490 in the QS World University Rankings of 2018.

The same rankings ranked it 72 in Asia and 41 among BRICS nations.

It was ranked 601-800 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018

University rankings
General international
QS (World) (2018) 481-490
QS (BRICS) (2018) 41
QS (Asia) (2018) 72
Times (World) (2018) 601-800
Times (BRICS) (2017) 109
Times (Asia) (2018) 144
General India
NIRF (Overall) (2018) 14
NIRF (Universities) (2018) 7
Law India