2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th March 2016, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

IES ISS Exam

hii sir, I wants to give the ISS /IES Examination will you please provide me the deitlasd of the IES Examination ?
30th March 2016, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES ISS Exam

Union Public Service Commission conducts Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination every year.

Eligibility Details:

1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

2. Age: Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

3. Age Relaxation:
i. 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates
ii. 3 years for OBC candidates.
iii. Age is additionally relaxable by 5 years for those applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989.
iv. 3 years for Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof).
v. 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs.
vi. 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

Educational Qualification:
For Indian Economic Service: Candidates must have obtained a Post-graduate Degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics /Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament.

For Indian Statistical Service: Candidate must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament.

Tentative Schedule :

Notification for the IES Examination may released in the month of june

Examination is conducted in the month of the November

Examination pattern :

(i) For Indian Economic Service
(a) General English 100 Marks
(b) General Studies 100 Marks
(c) General Economics-I 200 Marks
(d) General Economics-II 200 Marks
(e) General Economics-III 200 Marks
(f) General Economics 200 Marks

(ii) For Indian Statistical Service