2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th November 2014, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IES exam in 3rd year of B.Tech

Sorry to say but can not apply for IES exam in 3rd year. For IES exam you have to complete graduation or in final year of graduation you can apply for this exam.

IES eligibility-

You must have an Engineering degree from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central Government or State Legislature in India.
Final year of student can also apply for this exam

Age criteria-

Age must be between 21 to 30 years.

The upper age limit is 30 for Government servants and ha 35 years but the candidate has to be an employee of any department or office under any authority like Railway Department, Central Public Works Department, Military Engineer Service department etc.

Nationality-

Either an Indian Citizen or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

A Tibetan refugee who made India is his/her permanent base before January 1st, 1962.

A person or candidate of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Vietnam, Ethiopia etc also fall under the IES 2014 Eligibility Criteria.

The candidate mentioned in 2nd, 3rd and with subject to Nepal and Bhutan have to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government Of India till the certificate is not produced there admission will be on temporary basis.

IES exam pattern-

The entrance for Indian Engineering Service comprises of a Written Exam (section I and II) and an Interview. The details follow:

One Engineering Discipline should be chosen from the following categories:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
The written examination will comprise two sections:
Section I - objective types questions
Section II – conventional (essay) type questions papers.
Both Sections will cover the entire syllabus of the relevant engineering subject
15th May 2015, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Tech 3rd year student and I want to join Indian Engineering Service. Will you please tell me that can I appear for the IES exam as I am in B.Tech 3rd year?
15th May 2015, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

You can not appear in Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam this year. you can appear for the IES exam next year cause final year students of gradation are eligible to apply for the IES exam so till than prepare for the exam cause it required lots of efforts.

Here I am telling you about the IES exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Application need to pass B.Tech/B.E or passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India). or,
Applicant obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
Application need to pass Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
Application need to pass Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
Application need to pass Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959

Age Criteria:

Applicant’s age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

Nationality:

Applicant must be citizen of India.

Application Fee:

SC / ST / PH / Female Candidates are exempted from fee payment
Rs. 200/- for Others

How to apply:
Applicant need to apply for the IES exam online. The online application form available at the official website of UPSC.

Exam Pattern:

Paper I (Objective type)
General Ability Test (Part A: General English) (Part B: General Studies)
200 Marks

Papers II & III (Objective type)
Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
200 Marks for each paper
Papers IV & V (Conventional type)
Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
200 Marks for each paper

Total marks for written examination 1000 Marks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in