2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th October 2012, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: ICFAI MBA Finance Syllabus

I have syllabus details for the MBA finance course of ICFAI institute for the final semester. syllabus is as follows:-

Semester I:-

Marketing Management-1
Quantitative Methods
Financial Management-I
Organizational Behavior
Managerial Economics
Information Systems for Managers
Accounting for Managers
Business Communication

Semester II:-

Marketing Management-II
Operations Management
Financial Management-II
Human Resource Management
Macroeconomics & Bus. Env.
Business Research Methods
Enterprisewide Information Systems
Legal Environment of Business
Soft Skills Lab- I
Summer Internship Program

Semester III:-

Business Strategy-I
Management Control Systems
Elective-I
Elective-II
Elective-III
Elective-IV
Optional Free Elective-I
Soft Skills Lab- II

Semester IV:-

Business Strategy-II
Bus. Ethics and Corp. Governance
Elective-V
Elective-VI
Elective-VII
Elective-VIII
Optional Free Elective-II
Management Research Project
16th December 2015, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I’m doing MBA from ICFAI. And I’m looking for the MBA syllabus of finance subject. Is there any one can provide me syllabus of ICFAI MBA finance?
16th December 2015, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

ICFAI Distance MBA Program offered by the Directorate of Distance Education, the ICFAI University, Tripura prepares students with the skills, knowledge and strategic perspectives essential to the leadership of business anywhere in the world.

Finance syllabus is based on study of following topics:
Strategic Financial Management
Security Analysis
Project Management
Management of Financial Institutions
Financial Risk Management

Syllabus of ICFAI MBA finance based on two Paper:

Financial Management - Paper I

Introduction to Financial Management: Nature and Objectives of Financial Management – Role of the Finance Manager – Interface of the Finance Function with other Functional Areas – Environment of Corporate Finance.

Indian Financial System: Financial System – Financial Markets – Introduction to Capital Markets – Government Securities Market – International Capital Markets – Financial Institutions – Functions of Reserve Bank of India – Nature of Commercial Banks and Theory of Banking Operations – Financial Sector Reforms – Privatization – Classification of Non-Banking Financial Companies.

Time Value of Money: What Time Value of Money Means? – Why Money has Time Value? – Process of Compounding – Process of Discounting – Future Value of a Single Flow – Future Value of Multiple Flows – Future Value of Annuity – Present Value of a Single Flow – Present Value of Uneven Multiple Flows – Present Value of Annuity.

Risk and Return: The Concepts of Risk and Return – The Components of Return – Measurement of Rate of Return – The Relation between Risk and Expected Rate of Return – Sources of Risk – Risk in a Portfolio Context – Diversification – Diversifiable and Non-diversifiable Risk – Measurement of Non-diversifiable Risk – Capital Asset Pricing Model.

Leverage: Concept of Leverage – Operating Leverage – Financial Leverage – Total Leverage.

Valuation of Securities: Valuation of Bond – Bond Price Movements – Equity Valuation: Dividend Capitalization Approach – Equity Valuation: Ratio Approach.

Sources of Long-term Finance: Need for Long-term Finance – Introduction to Cost of Project and Means of Finance – Important Sources of Long-term Finance – Features of Share Capital, Preference Capital, Debentures and Term Loans – Other Sources of Long-term Finance.

Cost of Capital and Capital Structure Theories: The Meaning of Cost of Capital – Costs Associated with the Principal Sources of Long-term Finance – Concept of Weighted Average Cost of Capital – Weighted Marginal Cost of Capital Schedule – Meaning of Capital Structure – Factors affecting the Capital Structure – Theories of Capital Structure.

Dividend Policy: The Dividend Decisions of a Firm-Relevance/Irrelevance – Models Explaining the Relevance/Irrelevance of the Dividend Policy.

Financial Management - Paper II

Working Capital Management: The Meaning of and Need for Working Capital – Various Components of Current Assets and Current Liabilities – Static vs. Dynamic view of Working Capital – Factors Affecting Composition of Working Capital – Objectives of Working Capital Management – Liquidity vs. Profitability and Working Capital Policies – Interdependence among Components of Working Capital – Estimation of a Firm’s Working Capital needs using the Operating Cycle – Measures for Evaluation of Working Capital Management – Some Important Working Capital Ratios.

Financing Current Assets: Behavior of Current Assets and Pattern of Financing – Spontaneous Sources of Finance – Trade Credit – Short-term Bank Finance – Public Deposits for Financing Current Assets – Commercial Paper and Factoring ¶ Regulation of Bank Credit – Tandon Committee Recommendations – Chore Committee Recommendations – Marathe Committee Recommendations – Kannan Committee Recommendations – Nayak Committee Recommendations.

Inventory Management: The Nature of Inventory and its Role in Working Capital – The Purpose of having Inventories – Types of Inventory and Costs Associated with it – Inventory Management Techniques like Determination of Economic Order Quantity, Economic Production Quantity, Re-order Point, Stock Level, etc. – Inventory Planning – Introduction to Specialized Techniques like ABC Analysis and VED Analysis – Various Methods of Pricing of Inventories.

Receivables Management: Meaning and Computation of Receivables – Purpose and Cost of Maintaining Receivables – Impact of a Firm’s Credit Policy on Level of Investment in Receivables, Level of Sales, Bad Debt Loss, etc. – How Firms Evaluate Creditworthiness of Customers – Decision Tree for Credit Granting – Monitoring of Receivables.

Cash Management: The Difference between Profits and Cash – Need For and Objective of Cash Management – Short-term Cash Forecasting and Cash Budgets – Cash Reports for Monitoring and Control – Factors to be Reckoned with for Efficient Cash Management – Forms of Liquidity and the Choice of Liquidity-mix.

Capital Expenditure Decisions: Nature of the Investment or Capital Expenditure Decisions – Scanning and Identification of Investment Opportunities – Criteria for Preliminary Screening – Other Steps of Project Management like Feasibility Study, Implementation and Performance Appraisal – Introduction to Network Techniques for Project Planning and Control – Principles underlying Measurement of Costs and Benefits – Preparing Cash Flow Projections for Projects – Assessing the Financial Viability of Projects using the Various Appraisal Criteria.

International Project Appraisal: Reasons of FDI – Appraisal for FDI – The APV Criteria Various Methods of Appraising International Projects.

International Trade and Finance: Theories of International Trade – Growth of International Trade – Trade Barriers – Regulation of International Trade – Balance of Payments – Concepts and Principles behind Compilation of BoP Account – Components of BoP and the Factors affecting them – Importance and Limitations of BoP Statistics – Relationship of BoP with other Economic Variables – International Finance – Meaning and Implications of Globalization – Integration of Financial Markets: Reasons, Benefits and Costs – International Monetary System – Exchange Rate Mechanisms – Evolution of Monetary Systems: The Gold Standard, The Gold Exchange Standard, The Bretton Woods System and Current Monetary System – European Monetary Union – Forex Market – Structure of Forex market – Exchange Rate Quotations – Types of Transactions and their Settlement Dates – Regulation of Forex Market in India – Exchange Rate Determination – Purchasing Power Parity – Interest Rate Parity – Introduction to Exchange Risk: Foreign Exchange Exposure – Foreign Exchange Risk – Types of Exposure – Management of Exchange Risk: Techniques of Managing Transaction and Translation Exposures – Techniques of Managing Economic Exposure.

Financial Risk Management: Approaches to Risk Management – Risk Management Process –Futures: History of Futures Markets – Meaning and Definition – Mechanism of Futures Markets – Objectives of Futures – Futures Prices – Types of Futures – Options: Concept of Options – American and European Options – Trading Strategies with Options – Option Pricing Models – Exotic Options – Financial Swaps: The Concept of Financial Swaps – Interest Rate Swaps – Options on Swaps – Commodity Swaps, Currency Swaps – Pricing of Swaps
25th February 2016, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy , I want to Join MBA Programme in Distance Mode from ICFAI for it Will you please Provide me Eligibility and Program Structure with Finance Elective Subject ?
25th February 2016, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Friend , On your Asking Here I am Providing MBA Programme Admission Details and Syllabus of same :

MBA Eligibility:

Candidates must have passed Graduation in any Discipline with 50% and above aggregate marks

Duration:

Two Years.

Program Structure

The Program Covers 28 Courses apart from Soft Skills and Management thesis spread over 4 Semesters in 2 years. Students are also required to undergo a summer internship program for 14 weeks.

MBA Program Structure

I Year

First Semester

Marketing Management-I
Financial Management-I
Quantitative Methods
Organizational Behavior
Managerial Economics
Information Systems for Managers
Accounting for Managers
Business Communication

Second Semester

Marketing Management-II
Financial Management-II
Operations Management
Macro-economics & Business Environment
Enterprise-wide Information Systems
Business Research Methods
Legal Environment of Business
Soft Skills Lab I

II YEAR

Third Semester

Management Control Systems
Business Strategy - I
Elective - I
Elective - II
Elective - III
Elective - IV
Soft Skills Lab - II
Management Thesis I

Fourth Semester

Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
Business Strategy - II
Elective - V
Elective - VI
Elective - VII
Elective - VIII
Management Thesis II

Electives:

MBA ((Finance)

Stage I

Principles and Practices of Management
Managerial Economics
Accounting and Finance for Managers
Marketing Management

Stage II
IT & Systems in Management
Business Environment and Business Law
Operations Management
Management Control System
Financial Management for Managers

Stage III
Financial Markets
Security Analysiss
Portfolio Management
Business Research Methodology
Strategic Financial Management

Stage IV
Financial Risk Management
Mergers and Acquisitions
Business Policy and Strategy
Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
Project Work

Contact No :

Ph: 040-23440963 (5 lines)
Email id: ftp@icfaiuniversity.in

Address:

The ICFAI University,
University Campus,
Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Sadar,
Agartala - 799210, Tripura (West)
18th October 2016, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

I am MBA operation management department course final year student from ICFAI institute I don

Tags
short term

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in