2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2015, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Ibm dce

Provide procedure to get product overview of IBM Distributed Computing Environment (DCE). Is there any official website managed by IBM to provide product overview of its products? Give me link of its official website. Can I get information about Distributed Computing Environment (DCE)?
8th July 2018, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Re: Ibm dce

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Distributed Computing Environment of the IBM ?
8th July 2018, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Ibm dce

Distributed Computing Environment) is an architecture defined by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) to provide an Open Systems platform to address the challenges of distributed computing. It is being ported to all major IBM and many non-IBM environments.

DCE is based on three distributed computing models:

Client/server
A way of organizing a distributed application

Remote procedure call
A way of communicating between parts of a distributed application

Shared files
A way of handling data in a distributed system, based on a personal computer file access model.

Threads
DCE Threads supports the creation, management, and synchronization of multiple threads of control within a single process.

This component is conceptually a part of the operating system layer, the layer below DCE. If the host operating system already supports threads, DCE can use that software and DCE

Threads is not necessary. Because all operating systems do not provide a threads facility and DCE components require threads be present, this user-level threads package is included in DCE.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in