2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

IAS vs IIT JEE

What is difference between Indian Administrative Service and Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE)? What is importance’s of both of these entrance tests? Also tell me about the eligibility requirements of both of these tests?
9th August 2018, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS vs IIT JEE

Hi, I have done my B Tech from IITD (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi) and now want to pursue IAS (Indian Administrative Service) exam; can you tell me if I am eligible to apply for it?
9th August 2018, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS vs IIT JEE

Yes, being a B Tech degree holder, you can pursue IAS (Indian Administrative Service) exam. The details of the exam are as follows:

Eligibility

One must be a citizen of India.
One must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
One must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to be settled permanently in India
One must be person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India

Educational Qualification

One must have as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree from a Central, State or Deemed university
One who has appeared for the qualifying exam and awaiting results or one who is yet to appear for the qualifying exam is also eligible for the Preliminary Examination. Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination
One with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply
One who has passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Exam but is yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, one must submit a certificate from the concerned University that one has passed the final professional medical exam

Age Limit

One must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination. For OBC the upper age limit is 35, and for SC and ST the limit is 37 years.

Numbers of Attempts for UPSC Exam

General category candidates: 4
OBC category candidates = 7
SC/ST Candidates = unlimited

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in