2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th April 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

IAS Study Plan

Hi buddy I am going to appear first time in IAS exam and here I have come to know about study plan , so if any senior will help to make good study plan then I would be helpful for me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Mrunal CGL study plan
Study Plan For UGC NET
SSC CHSL Study Plan
Study Plan for LIC AAO Exam
Study Plan For CGL
Study Plan for SBI PO Exam
CA CPT Study Plan
SBI PO Full Study Plan
Study Plan for CGL Exam
TNPSC Study Plan
CDS Exam Study Plan
MPSC Basic Study Plan
Study Plan for UPSC
Study Plan for CAT Exam
SBI PO English study plan Mrunal
LIC MF Tax Plan
Study Plan for MPPSC
Ultimate GMAT Study Plan
Two month LSAT study plan
Study Plan for SBI PO
13th April 2016, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Study Plan

As you going to appear first time in IAS exam and here about study plan , so here I am telling Before you start you need to know that there are two stages of preparation:

Prepare yourself
Prepare the syllabus

Before starting the preparation you need to prepare yourself.

This process includes following elements:

Making up your mind
Motivating yourself
Becoming passionate
Isolating yourself form rest of the world (you may enjoy Sundays).

IAS exam demands more than a decent amount of time to prepare with determination, which is possible only if the desire for coming into the services is burning in your heart incessantly

Here is time management for IAS exam
Start in December:

December to February:
Finish your Mains Option Subject from December to January (i.e., Optional 2) thoroughly.

March and April:
Give this two months fully for your Optional 1.

May to August:
This month should be exclusively Utilize for your Prelims preparations. A Critical and Specific coverage of Preliminary syllabus is required.
Give Your Preliminary Exams!

After Prelims take a complete rest for 10-15 days. Relax and hang out with friends, do the things of your interest. Energize yourself for Mains Exam.

First Half of September: Complete the Optional 1 where you left it. It should be done by mid of September.

The second half of September till Mains Exam:
Give Second half of September to your Optional 2, Once again. Prepare all the General Studies and don’t forget to include Current Affairs in September. Then prepare for “English qualifying paper” and “Indian Language qualifying paper” in October, if you are weak in Languages start its preparation little earlier. From November till your Mains Exam do Revision for Mains.
Give your Mains Exam!

After Mains take a break till the end of the Year, Just keep reading Newspaper and Magazines during this time. ( The Hindu is most recommended Newspaper / CSR ( Competitive Success Review) recommended magazine).

January:
Sart preparation for your third round.

If this is your 2nd/3rd attempt prepare for topics that you could not coup up in your 1st attempt and try to recover it.

Work hard for the areas you feel you are weak.

By March, you should be fully ready to give the Mains once again if you failed (hopefully you pass the Mains, still you need to be prepared if you fail).

March: Mains results are out and precisely afterward start your Interview preparation.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in