2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd May 2015, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

IAS Exam Is For What

Will you please tell me the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam is for what? What types of job can I get after clearing this exam and what will be the pay scale of it? Is the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam is a government exam?
8th May 2018, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam Is For What

I want to apply for Indian Administrative Service IAS Exam so can you tell me the exam is for which post?
8th May 2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam Is For What

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam is the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.

IAS eligibility Criteria-

Bachelor degree from a govt recognized university.

The professional and technical qualification of a candidate should be recognized by the government.

Age Limit: The candidate should have minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years old age.

Number of Attempts:

Category Number of Attempts

General 6
SC/ST No Limit
OBC 9

IAS Exam Pattern

IAS Prelims Exam:

The UPSC Civil services or IAS prelims exam pattern is divided into two compulsory papers with total 400 Marks.

Exam Pattern Types of Test Marks Duration
Paper I General Studies 200 2 Hours
Paper II CSAT 200 2 Hours

IAS Mains Exam (2075 Marks):

The candidates who have qualified Prelims exam will be called to attend the Mains Exam.

The main exam is total of 2075 marks, on the basis of the secured marks interview process will be scheduled.

At the end, the main exam and interview marks are sum up to finalize the resulting phase.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in