2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

IAS Exam For NRI

Will you please tell me can NRI student apply for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam, give me its complete details about the eligibility criteria required for it? Give me information about the nationality required to apply for IAS exam?
15th May 2018, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam For NRI

Can you tell me if I can apply for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam, being a NRI (Non Residential Indian)? Tell me about the eligibility requirement for IAS Examination?
15th May 2018, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam For NRI

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was formerly known as Imperial Civil Service (ICS) is the Civil Services Exam. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.

An IAS officer is given administrative command of an entire district as a District Collector. IAS officers also represent Government of India at international level in bilateral and multilateral negotiations.

As per my knowledge, NRI (Non Residential Indian) cannot apply for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam.

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality:

One must be a citizen of India
One must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
One must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to be settled permanently in India
One must be person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India

Educational Qualification:
One applying for civil service exams is required to fulfil the following criteria:
One must hold a Bachelor's Degree from any of the recognized universities
One who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Exam. Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination
One with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent is also eligible to apply
One who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination

Age Limit:
One should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years old as on August 01, 2018. But one must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1986 and not later than August 01, 1997. Necessary action will take to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services.

The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable for the following candidates:

5 Years - Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
3 Years - Other Backward Classes (OBC)
3 Years - Defence Services personnel
5 Years - ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least
5 years Military Service as on August 01, 2018 5 Years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs
10 Years - Blind, deaf-mute, and orthopedically handicapped persons
5 Years - For ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in