2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2020, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam In Hindi Medium

Can you tell me if the Language of Paper/Exam of IAS (Indian Administrative Services) Exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is Hindi and English both?
6th May 2020, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam In Hindi Medium

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) Exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit the candidates for the prestigious All India Services and Central Civil Services in India. IAS exam is conducted in two stages – Preliminary and Mains.

UPSC IAS Exam Pattern for Prelims (Stage I)

Type of Questions
Objective Type or MCQs

Negative Marking
Yes – 1/3rd of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer

Nature of Exam
Qualifying in Nature

Minimum Qualifying marks required
33 percent

Language of Paper
English and Hindi

Name of the Paper Duration Questions
Paper-I: General Studies 2 hours 100
Paper-II: General Studies (CSAT) 2 hours 80

The marks allotted each of the papers and the natures of questions are as under:

Name of the Paper Marks Allotted Type of Questions
Paper-I: General Studies 200 Objective type
Paper-II: General Studies (CSAT) 200 Objective type

Note:

One who is visually impaired will be given an extra time of 20 minutes for each paper in the prelims exam.

It is mandatory for one to appear for both the papers of the Civil Services Prelims Exam for the evaluation.

As per the official notification, marks scored by one in the UPSC Preliminary Examination are not counted for the final score.

The questions related to English Language Comprehension skills would be provided only in English.

UPSC IAS Exam Pattern for Mains (Stage II)

Subject Duration Marks
Compulsory Indian language 3 hours 300
English 3 hours 300
Essay 3 hours 250
General Studies I 3 hours 250
General Studies II 3 hours 250
General Studies III 3 hours 250
General Studies IV 3 hours 250
Optional I 3 hours 250
Optional II 3 hours 250

The optional papers I and II will consist of some topics from which one has to choose any two. Optional 1 will have topics like History, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Public Administration, Philosophy, and Psychology

Optional 2 will have various regional languages of India - Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.

Duration of Each Paper 3 hours
Nature of Paper- I to VII Nature Merit Ranking Nature

Personality Test/ Interview
There is no set pattern of the IAS personality test/interview. It differs from candidate to candidate and Board to Board. The IAS interview is conducted at the UPSC officer in New Delhi.

After one clears all the written tests, they will be interviewed by a board of competent observers. In the IAS interview test, candidates will be judged on different skills mentioned below:
Mental Alertness
Critical Powers of Assimilation
Clear and Logical Exposition
Balance of Judgement
Variety and Depth of Interest
Ability for Social Cohesion and Leadership
Intellectual and Moral Integrity

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in