2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th May 2015, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

IAF MMRCA Deal Update

I am interested to knowing about the IAF MMRCA Deal. Because,I am part of the Indian Air force. Please give me the lasted news about the Indian Air force (IAF) and the MMRCA Deal and also tell me about the amount of between this deals?
Similar Threads
Thread
RPET Update
MDU Result Update
MBA smc update
SSC CHSL update
Update ECIL
TISS Update
Mmrca iaf
DMRC Update
Indian Air Force MMRCA Latest News
MP PET Latest Update
IIM Prometric Deal
RTU Result Update
South Indian Bank Bulk Deal
Lsi hba firmware update
Fair Deal Insurance
Indian Air Force Jet Fighter Deal
WB Primary TET Update
DTE Update
CCSU Update
IIT JEE News Update
30th November 2019, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Re: IAF MMRCA Deal Update

I want to get the details of Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) competition of Indian Air Force (IAF) so can you provide me?
30th November 2019, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAF MMRCA Deal Update

The Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) competition was a competition to supply 126 multi-role combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The Defence Ministry has allocated ₹55,000 crore (US$8.0 billion) for the purchase of these aircraft, making it India's single largest defence deal

The MRCA was floated with the idea of filling the gap between its future Light Combat Aircraft and its in-service Sukhoi Su-30MKI air superiority fighter.

The contest featured six fighter aircraft: Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon, Mikoyan MiG-35, and Saab JAS 39 Gripen.

On 27 April 2011, after an intensive and detailed technical evaluation by the IAF, it reduced the bidders to two fighters — Eurofighter Typhoon and Dassault Rafale.

On 31 January 2012 it was announced that Dassault Rafale won the competition due to its lower life-cycle cost. The deal has been reported to cost US$28–30 billion in 2014.

Last edited by sumit; 30th November 2019 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in