2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Hydrogel BARC

Hello sir, I am ANant Verma. I am from Mumbai. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Hydrogel BARC. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iari hydrogel
Rlg barc
Barc tso
Ct crs barc
Barc nrb
BARC Welcome
Barc mib
Barc sw
LTT to BARC
Barc iit
Barc act
Barc CTA
Barc ldc
Barc md
BARC Key
Barc lse uk
Dps barc
Ndt barc
Barc
Barc mba
25th February 2016, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hydrogel BARC

The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, has developed a new wound dressing technique called hydrogel.

It has proved highly effective in healing almost all types of external wounds. Hydrogel dressing is now available in the market under the brand name 'HI-ZEL'.

Extensive clinical studies have established its safety and shown that it is not only an excellent first aid for burns but also cures other wounds like diabetic foot ulcers, leprosy ulcers and animal bites which are difficult to heal.

Its applications are expected to be useful in more and more diseases.

Hydrogel dressings are gaining widespread acceptance abroad.
But their local use is restricted due to a very high cost of imported dressings.
The radiation processing technology developed at BARC produces high quality hydrogel dressings at a fraction of the market cost of imported material.

The use of hydrogel dressings has several applications in the medical field.

Drug delivery devices, contact lenses, wound dressing, artificial cartilages or membranes, vascular prosthesis and gel-coated catheters are some of the examples.

Generally, hydrogels contain more than 50 per cent of water entrapped in a three-dimensional network structure of a polymer.

The high water content makes them fully biocompatible. (PIB Special Services).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in