2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th October 2014, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to start career in film industry?

Starting a career in film industry is not that easy as considered. It is too much competitive and more then entry the main competition is of survival and how you sustain yourself for a long time. For this you need to be patient, need to polish your acting skills and for all these you have to be professionally trained. There are various institutes available. To name a few:

Whistling Woods International,Mumbai
The Barry John Acting School, Mumbai
FTII, Pune
National School of Drama, NSD, Delhi

Now question arises what type of career you want in film industry. As per my knowledge, I am providing you with some good profiles of film industry:

Actor/Actresses
Film Director
Casting Director
Screenwriter
Cinematographer
Make Up Artist

After selecting a profile, you have to assess yourself that whether you have or not the qualities needed for that profile. After a thorough assessment only, you must take the call.
20th March 2015, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

I want to start my career in film industry? Can you please provide me some tips for start career in film industry?
20th March 2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

As you say that you want to make your career in the film industry. Here I am provide you some tips which can helps you in the making your career in film industry. This is as follows:

You should need to have a Passion for Filmmaking. There are several ways to become a film and movie producer.

You should need to Obtain Education programs related to film and moviemaking students understand the role of the film and movie producer.

Obtaining experience in the industry is essential.

It is common for new entrants in the industry to obtain entry-level positions or internships for little or no pay.

You should need to Developing contacts within the entertainment industry is important to becoming successful as a film and movie producer.

The average annual salary for film producers and directors was $109,470 in 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in