2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th February 2016, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

How To Sell A Car In Nyc

hii sir, I wants to sell my car in New York city will you please provide me the information about the paper work and other important information regarding to the selling ?
Similar Threads
Thread
NTPC buy or sell
How To Sell SBIMF
Sell Your Car NJ
Buy Or Sell NTPC
Sell my Car Phoenix
Where to sell Used Cars
Sell Used Car NY
Sell car Pittsburgh
Sell Car Los Angeles
Car for Sell in NJ
Sell car NJ
Sell Used Car San Francisco
Sell Car San Diego
Sell Car in NJ
Sell My Car Los Angeles
Sell Car Denver
Sell my Car in NJ
How to Sell a Used Car in NJ
Sell Car NYC
Sell My Car San Francisco
13th February 2016, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How To Sell A Car In Nyc

As you wants to buy a car in the New York city the here I am giving you the information about the paper works and the documents that is required while selling the car the information are as follow:

If you sell your vehicle to a private individual, provide the following documents to the new owner:

Document

Proof of ownership. This is the title, signed over to the new owner. If you have lost the current title, you may apply for a replacement using a Application for Title Only (Form MV-82TON).

An Odometer and Damage Disclosure Statement (Form MV-103), if not on the back of the title.

Statement of Transaction — Sale or Gift of Motor Vehicle, Trailer, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), Vessel (Boat), or Snowmobile (Form DTF-802). This is also called a DTF 802 Form.

A Claim for Sales and Use Tax Exemption (Form DTF-803) if applicable.
The original document from the lienholder that proves the lien is satisfied, if applicable.

Important information regarding to the concern of the selling the car :

You may complete a transaction without a NY vehicle title if the vehicle is model year 1972 or older.
Vehicles, vessels, snowmobiles, and ATV that do not have a title require additional documents to prove ownership.

If a driver is buying an older vehicle that was manufactured before 1972 (or other non-titled vehicles),
the seller can fill out a Certificate/Affidavit of Sale or Transfer (Form MV-51).

The seller can also use a bill of sale and a Certification of NYS Registration for Transfer of Non-Titled Vehicle (Form MV-353).

This form is available at your local DMV office and requires the seller to bring proof of identity specific for registrations and title

for any queries you may contact to the Department of Motor Vehicles NY the contact details are as follow :

Contact details :
Department of Motor Vehicles
6 Empire State Plaza
Room B240
Albany, NY 12228

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in