2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th July 2018, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Re: How To Clear SCRA Exam

I want to join Indian Railways and for this planning to apply for UPSC SCRA Exam searching for details about this exam. Will you please tell details how to clear the UPSC SCRA Exam provides me preparation methodology also tell what the pattern of exam so I prepare well?
5th July 2018, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How To Clear SCRA Exam

SCRA exam is conducted once a year by UPSC on behalf of Indian Railways for 4 years of apprenticeship. The exam is conducted in the month of January every year.

Right Preparation Methodology for SCRA Exam
In order to clear the written exams and interview you have to focus on right preparation methodology.

#1: Take your NCERT Text Books seriously

#2: For Math, Physics and Chemistry use the same book you use for IIT JEE preparation.

#3: For improving English read some of the newspaper daily.

#4: Always go through the previous papers conducted by SCRA. You will get an idea how questions are formulated.

#5: You also have to develop a personality so that you can clear the interview so dont neglect co curricular activates in your school.

#6: Finally learn to manage your time because you will be preparing for so many exams at one given time.

Exam Pattern
You can divide the SCRA exams in two parts Part I and Part II.

Part 1: Written Exam
Part 1 will be all about written exam which will have 3 papers to clear. The written exams consisting 3 papers will be of 600 marks (200 each)

Paper 1: General Ability Test: You will be asked 200 questions for 200 marks and you have to answer it in just 2 hours.

Paper 2: Physical Science: Here you will be asked 200 questions for 200 marks to be finished in 2 hours.

Paper 3: Mathematics: Similarly Paper 3 is about 200 questions in 2 hours for 200 marks.

Part 2: Personality Test
Personality Test is only for those students who clear the written exam. The personality test will be of 200 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in