2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to choose career in Teaching

For taking up teaching as a career, you require a passion for exchanging ideas, whether it is teaching at a school or in a college.

In India, the available opportunities for teachers are in a variety of subjects such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, etc.

The job prospects for teachers are quite good.
Work timings are comfortable and a teacher.
The opportunities in significant universities and schools may be low.

By doing a bachelor’s degree in education after or along with your graduation, you would be able to secure a position as a teacher in a good school.

To start a career as a lecturer in colleges, you may however need to take entrance examinations along with completing your Master’s degree and Ph.D.

Pay scale
A teacher in central school teaching primary classes gets a starting pay package of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 depending on the class that he or she teaches.

Private schools usually offer a higher package of Rs. 15,000+ depending on the class, education, and experience of the teacher.

For teaching in colleges, you will earn about 40,000 and above depending on your education and experience.
18th December 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

hii sir, I completed my Education now I wants to start my Career as a teacher , so please tell me what should I do to appoint as a teacher ?
18th December 2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

As you wants to become a teacher, As per my knowledge you may go for the BEd Course that is a Bachelor of Education the Duration of this course is one year .

Eligibility Criteria:
one should be a graduate or have appeared in the final year of graduation. Some universities have also set minimum marks as 50% to be eligible for taking the exam.

B.Ed Exam Syllabus
Numerical Ability
G.K and Metal Ability
English
Teaching Potential
Language Test

the Examination usually conducted in the month of June

B.Ed Exam Fee

At Present the cost of a B.Ed entrance exam Prospectus is Rs.500/- and Rs 500/- is the fee to be deposited with the form for taking the fee.

Universities that offered the BED Course are
:
SPMVV Distance Education B.Ed
Jammu B.Ed Entrance Test – JKBOPEE
CU Kashmir B.Ed Admission– Central University of Kashmir
DIET CET AP
Sastra University B.Ed Admission (Distance Education)
SDSUV B.Ed Admission – Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University
UPRTOU Admission – UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad
Kumaon University B.Ed / M.Ed Entrance Exam
SSSIHL Admission
HNBGU B.Ed Entrance Exam

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in