2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to be an Air Hostess

Air hostess is one profession desired by women graduates. After the liberalization in aviation sector, job opportunities for air hostess professionals have increased multi-fold. It is one of the highest paid professions for women in India. More than one’s education, personality traits are important for pursuing a career in this.

Educational:

Eligibility for an airhostess-training programme is plus two/ or a graduate degree with a diploma/degree in Hotel Management or Tourism Management.

The aspirant must be eligible to hold an Indian Passport and should be below twenty-five years of age with a minimum height of 157.5 centimeters.

The weight should be in proportion to height.

Further, one must be unmarried, with normal eyesight of 6/6 uncorrected vision in each eye.

Fluency in English, Hindi, and knowledge of an international language is an added advantage.

A flight purser, male counterpart of the airhostess has to be a graduate below 26 years, and have a minimum height of 163 cm with proportionate weight.

The applicant should be physically fit with a pleasing personality and clear complexion.

Qualifying Exam

As part of the screening process the candidate will have to sit for a written examination followed by a group discussion followed by a personal interview.

If the candidate does well in all the above said things, she will be on training for 3 months.

In those training sessions she will learn about the safety and first aid, how to serve and mingle with the passengers etc.

There are both short term and long term courses. The duration of short could be between 3 to 6 months. The long term course is for a minimum of one year.

The training covers several topics, each of which deals with technical or non-technical aspects of the aircraft.

Beginning with the history of aviation, the candidates are made to learn In-flight Service, Passenger Handling, Passenger psychology, Service of meals on the Aircraft, the art of conversation, Transactional Analysis, Emergency Evacuation System, Personal Grooming and Hygiene, First Aid, Confidence Building, Handling of visually impaired passengers, Making announcements, Emergency demonstration etc.

Personal Attributes:

Common sense, sense of responsibility, initiative, friendly outgoing personality, politeness, physical stamina and the capacity to work for long hours on one's feet, ability to react quickly in times of emergency and a presence of mind, systematic approach, unruffled appearance, a well-modulated pleasant voice, and a proportionate figure with a graceful carriage.

Good Air Hostess Training Institutes in India

• Air Hostess Academy (A.H.A.), New Delhi
• Airsonic Training Academy , Panaji
• Appliq Airways Academy Pvt. Ltd., Agra
• Aptima Air Hostess Academy, New Delhi
• Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
• Astro Professional Academy Pvt. Ltd., Udaipur
• Avalon Aviation Academy, Andheri (E)
• Aviationbaba Aero Services Private Limited, New Delhi
• Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai
• Fly Air Aviation Academy, Chennai
• Flying Goose Aviation Academy (F.G.A.A.), Kozhikode
• Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
• India International Trade Centre (I.I.T.C.), Bandra (W)
• Indian Aviation Academy (I.A.A.), Andheri (W)
• Inflight Airhostess Training Institute (I.A.H.T.I.), New Delhi
• International Airlines Academy, Chennai
• Jettwings Institute of Air Hostess Training and Management, Guwahati
• Travel Academy, New Delhi
• Virgin Paradise Airlines Training Private Limited, Bhilai

Tags
short term

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in