2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th September 2017, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

History Of KSRTC

I want to know the History of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) so will you please tell me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Ksrtc bgm
KSRTC TC Jobs
KSRTC Pdf
KSRTC Day Pass
KSRTC Ticket
Gsm ksrtc
KSRTC Corona
KSRTC TVM Phone
KSRTC Nilambur
KSRTC Mail Id
KSRTC Idukki
KSRTC Srisailam
KSRTC Bidar
Gavi ksrtc
Get KSRTC Bus Timings
KSRTC PSC Result
Kumily KSRTC
KSRTC Directory
Ksrtc i
MMU History Economic History
19th September 2017, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: History Of KSRTC

The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) is a state-owned road transportation company in the state of Karnataka in India.

KSRTC was established in 1961 under the provisions of Road Transport Corporation Act, 1950. It is wholly owned by the Government of Karnataka.

In August 1997, KSRTC was divided to form Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC).

In November 1997, another new road transport corporation called North Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) was formed to cater to the transportation needs of North Western parts of Karnataka.

Later, the North Eastern Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NEKRTC) was also formed with its corporate office in Gulbarga.

KSRTC has the largest fleet of Volvo buses among state owned transport companies.

It is purely Government owned Transport Corporation.

KSRTC has its Corporate office at Bangalore.

Presently, it covers seventeen Districts (Bengaluru Urban, Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagar, Kolar, Chickballapur, Tumkur, Chitradurga, Davanagere, Shivamogga, Mangaluru, Udupi, Chikkamagaluru, Hassan, Mysuru, Mandya, Chamarajnagar, Coorg) in the State under its operational jurisdiction.

It also operates to the neighbouring states of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Goa and Kerala.

Contact-

(24/7 Customer Support) 080-49596666

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in