2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

History of BHU University

When was the Banaras Hindu University established in the Varanasi, India? Also give me the list of the colleges which are affiliated to this college? also give me the link to download the list of the faculty member of this Banaras Hindu University? Give me all the details about the history of this University?
Similar Threads
Thread
History of Dr.MGR University
Ms university BA history syllabus
History Of Saveetha University
Prist University History
University Of Allahabad History
Shridhar University History
University Of Kerala History
History Of Goa University
History Of Baddi University
History of Avadh University
VIT University History
History Of Mizoram University
Osmania University History
Nagpur University M A History
LPU University History
History of Rai University
KUK University History
SRM University History
Shobhit University MA History
MMU History Economic History
4th June 2018, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

Re: History of BHU University

Hii sir, I Wants to know the History of the Banaras Hindu University, Will you Please tell Me About It ?
4th June 2018, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: History of BHU University

Banaras Hindu University, formerly Central Hindu College, is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1916 by Madan Mohan Malaviya.

The History of the Banaras Hindu University is given below

History :

The Banaras Hindu University was established by Madan Mohan Malviya. A prominent lawyer and an Indian independence activist, Malviya considered education as the primary means for achieving a national awakening.

At the 21st Conference of the Indian National Congress in Benares in December 1905, Malviya publicly announced his intent to establish a university in Varanasi.

On the request of Malviya, Attar Singh laid the foundation stone of Banaras Hindu University at Varanasi in 1914. Malviya continued to develop his vision for the university with inputs from other Indian nationalists and educationists

On 22 November 1911, he registered the Hindu University Society to gather support and raise funds for building the university.

BHU was finally established in 1916, the first university in India that was the result of a private individual's efforts. The foundation for the main campus of the university was laid by Lord Hardinge, the then Viceroy of India, on Vasant Panchami 4 February 1916

For more Information you may Contact to the Banaras Hindu University the contact Details Are given below

Contact Details :
Banaras Hindu University
Address: Ajagara, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in