2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

22nd August 2018, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Re: Heat And Mass Transfer Anna University Syllabus Pdf

Hi buddy here I am looking for Anna University Mechanical Engineering (MECH) 5th SEM ME6502 HMT-HEAT And Mass Transfer paper Syllabus, so will you plz give me same here ??
22nd August 2018, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Heat And Mass Transfer Anna University Syllabus Pdf

As you want here I am giving bellow Anna University Mechanical Engineering (MECH) 5th SEM ME6502 HMT-HEAT And Mass Transfer paper Syllabus on your demand ;

Anna University Mechanical Engineering (MECH) 5th SEM ME6502 HMT-HEAT And Mass Transfer paper Syllabus
ME6502 HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER

OBJECTIVES:

To understand the mechanisms of heat transfer under steady and transient conditions.
To understand the concepts of heat transfer through extended surfaces.
To learn the thermal analysis and sizing of heat exchangers and to understand the basic

concepts of mass transfer.
(Use of standard HMT data book permitted)

UNIT I CONDUCTION 9

General Differential equation of Heat Conduction Cartesian and Polar Coordinates One Dimensional Steady State Heat Conduction plane and Composite Systems Conduction with Internal Heat Generation Extended Surfaces Unsteady Heat Conduction Lumped Analysis Semi Infinite and Infinite Solids Use of Heislers charts.

UNIT II CONVECTION 9

Free and Forced Convection Hydrodynamic and Thermal Boundary Layer. Free and Forced Convection during external flow over Plates and Cylinders and Internal flow through tubes .

UNIT III PHASE CHANGE HEAT TRANSFER AND HEAT EXCHANGERS 9

Nusselts theory of condensation Regimes of Pool boiling and Flow boiling. Correlations in boiling and condensation. Heat Exchanger Types Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient Fouling Factors Analysis LMTD method NTU method.

UNIT IV RADIATION 9

Black Body Radiation Grey body radiation Shape Factor Electrical Analogy Radiation Shields. Radiation through gases.

UNIT V MASS TRANSFER 9

Basic Concepts Diffusion Mass Transfer Ficks Law of Diffusion Steady state Molecular Diffusion Convective Mass Transfer Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer Analogy Convective Mass Transfer Correlations.

TOTAL : 45 PERIODS

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in