Go Back   2018 2019 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum



 
Thread Tools
  #2  
Old 29th February 2016, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,055
Default Re: GRE Quantitative

Friend Have a Look , ion your Demanding Here I am providing Previous year GER Exam Sample Question of Quantitative Reasoning :



1. Column A Column B
(-7)4 (-7)5

if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

2. x = 2y + 5

y = -2 Column A Column B
x 1

if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

3. Column A Column B
(0.99)2(0.99)3 (0.99)6

if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

4. The average (arithmetic mean) of x and y is 20. If z = 5, what is the average of x, y, and z?
15
12.5
10
25/3

5. If 3x - 2 = 2x+5, then 5x =
15
35
0
7

6. If 0 < st < 1, then which of the following can be true?
s < -1 and t > 0
s < -1 and t < -1
s > -1 and t < -1
s > 1 and t < -1
s > 1 and t > 1

7. In a certain shop, notebooks that normally sell for 59 cents each are on sale at 2 for 99 cents. How much can be saved by purchasing 10 of these notebooks at the sale price?
$0.85
$0.95
$1.00
$1.05
$1.10

8. In 2010, for which of the stores was the dollar amount of sales greater than that of any of the others shown?
A
B
C
D
It cannot be determined from the information given.

9. In store D, the dollar amount of sales for 2009 was approximately what percent of the dollar amount of sales for 2010?
105%
106%
95%
104%
It cannot be determined from the information given.

10. Assuming sale at each store was same (in dollar amount) at beginning of 2008, which store has minimum sale at end of 2010?
A
B
D
E
It cannot be determined from the information given.

P can do a piece of work in 24 days, Q is 50% more efficient than P. Column A Column B
Number of days taken by Q 18 days

if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

Column A Column B
(m)444 (m)44.4

where, m>0
if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.


Column A Column B
8∛2 ∛1024

if the quantity in Column A is greater;
if the quantity in Column B is greater;
if the two quantities are equal;
if the relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

Product of two natural numbers P and Q is 590 and their HCF is 59. How many set of values of P and Q is possible?

If the group of students eats 2 cookies, 3 sandwiches and drinks 2 cokes, the bill amounts to $74. If the group of students eats 5 cookies, 6 sandwiches and drinks 4 coke, the bill amounts to $128. If the group of students eats 3 cookies, 3 sandwiches and drinks 2 coke, then what should the group pay?
$78
$54
$48
$96

Two machines S and T produce 1000 and 2000 items every day. Machine S produce 10 defective items machine T produces 40 defective items. On particular day the supervisor of the shop floor picked up an item and found it was defective. Find the probability that it came from machine S.
1/4
1/5
1/6
1/8
1/7

All the sides of a hexagon become three times the original length. Find the ratio of areas of the new and old hexagons.

A train travels from station A to C having distance of 285 miles in 6 hours. During the journey, it reaches intermediate station B at the average speed of 40 miles/hr. From station B, train reaches station C at average speed of 55 miles/hr. What is the distance between the station B and C?

If m and n are the roots of the equation a2 - 6a + 8 = 0, then find the value of (m+n)(m-n)
12
8
16
4
18


If a bookstore owner buys 15 books less for $900 when the price of each book goes up by $3, then find the original price of book.
$20
$18
$15
$12
$9

What is the number of men in 2013?
90,000
92,000
93,600
94,200


What was the number of adults above the age of 60 years in 2012?
20,000
23,000
14,000
Cannot be determined

What percentage of the population in 2013 consisted of children?
16%
20%
13%
Cannot be determined


In a basket full of balls, 60% are mangoes and remaining 40% are apple. 25% of apples are green and the rest 75% are red. Of the mangoes, 80% are red and the rest of the mangoes are green, What percentage of the green fruits are mangoes?

A train takes 10 seconds to cross a pole and 20 seconds to cross a platform of length 200 m. What is the length of train?
400 m
600 m
200 m
800 m

There are 10 multiple choice questions in an examination. First 4 have 5 choices each and remaining have 4 choices each. How many sequences of answers are possible?
45 * 54
45 * 64
54 * 64
None of Above

For questions 8 to 10 please refer the following
Mark (i) if Quantity A is greater
Mark (ii) if Quantity B is greater
Mark (iii) if Quantity A and B are equal
Mark (iv) if its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater

Quantity A: Probability of having 53 Sundays in a leap year
Quantity B: Probability of having 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays in February month a leap year
Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater

Quantity A: Last digit of the number 4444
Quantity B: Last digit of 125125
Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater

Quantity A: 22% of 333% of 4444
Quantity B: 4444% of 333% of 22
Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in

Message:
Options

Thread Tools Search this Thread



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3