2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th December 2015, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Re: GPA Mumbai University

How do I calculate the GPA for the scores attained in Mumbai University as I am intent on applying in one of the US Universities?
7th December 2015, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: GPA Mumbai University

International students applying to US Universities more often than not confuse different methods of converting their percentage level into GPA. Percentage is accepted method in India. Few schools in India will use CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) System of academic assessment.

Calculating GPA from percentage is very straightforward. US GPA is 4 point scale. Indian percentage is for 100% which is not anything but 100 points. So, 25 points in percentage is equivalent to 1 point in GPA System.

Percentage to GPA formula calculation is just dividing your percentage by 100 and multiplies by 4. If your percentage is 75, then (75/100)*4 = 3.

For more clarification here I am providing you with another example:

Grades will be assigned to learner for each course ( A = 4.0; B = 3.0; C = 2.0 ; D = 1.0; F = 0; )

And every course has Credit Hours. Usually Graduate level courses will have 3 Credit Hours per course.

Lets’ say at conclusion of the semester, professor assigns grade of B to Course Database, Grade A to Course Networks and Grade A to course Software Testing. GPA is calculated as given below:

Total Grades = Sum of (Grade * Credit Hours) = B*3 + A*3 + A*3 = 3*3+4*3+4*3 =33
Total Credit Hours = 3+3+3 = 9
GPA = Total Grades/Total Credit Hours = 33/9 = 3.66

Different Universities will have some form of evaluation to convert percentage to GPA and that varies with each & every University. The Universities have their own GPA calculation method.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in