2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

GK for IAS Exam

The General Knowledge in IAS exam will be too tough for me. Can you give me some current affairs from the January 2015 to till now so I can read to increase my GK for the IAS exam and also give me some tips about it so I can increase my level?
28th May 2018, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Re: GK for IAS Exam

I applied for Civil Services Examination Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) IAS exam searching for material for doing preparation. Will you provide GK topics and material For doing preparation of IAS Exam also provide all important dates which is related to IAS Exam?
28th May 2018, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: GK for IAS Exam

The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India.

GK for IAS

GK is a very vast topic to cover combining many sub-topics. So much information is being generated through hundreds of books and online sources that it is almost impossible to keep track of everything.

But do you need to keep track of everything? No. These are the GK topics to focus on from the Prelims perspective:

Facts about India: (demographics, census data, major economy stats and so on)

Facts about World: Limit yourself to the important demographic and economic data of various countries. Manorama Year Book has a good section on this.

Science and Technology: In current affairs you have to focus on the latest developments. In GK, look at the history of Indias satellite and missile development programme by remembering the important landmarks like launch of first satellite, development of indigenous aircraft carrier, development of important vaccines and so on.

Books and Authors: Some questions from this topic are routinely asked in Prelims paper 1. So keep track of books by popular authors including their latest ones.

Firsts like First Army General, Chief Justice, Nobel Winner, Woman Chief Minister etc. Again Manorama Year Book is your friend for this type of information.

Important Dates

Below are the important dates of Civil services examination (IAS) 2018.

UPSC Exam Date 2018 (Preliminary)
3rd June 2018 (Sunday)

UPSC Civil Services Exam Date (Mains)
1st October 2018 (Monday)

UPSC Admit Card 2018
1st Week of May 2018

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in