2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th June 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Generosity

Hey this is manik here. Sir can you tell me what does the word generosity means? I am confused with it.
5th June 2015, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Generosity

Generosity is the habit of giving without expecting anything in return. It can involve offering time, assets or talents to help someone in need. It is often equated with charity as a virtue and is widely accepted in society as a desirable trait.

Generosity is not solely based on one's economic status, but instead, includes the individual's pure intentions of looking out for society's common good and giving from the heart. Generosity should reflect the individual's passion to help others.

In times of natural disaster, relief efforts are frequently provided, voluntarily, by individuals or groups acting unilaterally in making gifts of time, resources, goods, money, etc.

Generosity is a guiding principle for many registered charities, foundations and non-profit organizations.

Generosity can also be spending time, money, or labor for others without being rewarded in return.

Although the term generosity often goes hand-in-hand with charity, many people in the public's eye want recognition for their good deeds .But According to me, generosity should not be limited to times of great need such as natural disasters and extreme situations.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in