2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: GATE Mathematics Previous year paper

As per your request here I am sharing the GATE Mathematics Previous year paper:

Q.57 The professor ordered to the students to go out of the class. I II III IV Which of the above underlined parts of the sentence is grammatically incorrect? (A) I (B) II (C) III (D) IV

Q.58 Which of the following options is the closest in meaning to the word given below: Primeval (A) Modern (B) Historic (C) Primitive (D) Antique

Q.59 Friendship, no matter how _________it is, has its limitations. (A) cordial (B) intimate (C) secret (D) pleasant Q.

60 Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the pair: Medicine: Health (A) Science: Experiment (B) Wealth: Peace (C) Education: Knowledge (D) Money: Happiness

Rests of the questions are in the attachment, download it freely from here:

GATE Mathematics Previous year paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE Mathematics Previous year paper.pdf (264.5 KB, 80 views)
25th March 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Mathematics previous year paper as I need it for preparation?
25th March 2015, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Below I am providing you some questions of from question paper of GATE Mathematics and attaching a PDF attachment which has detail information regarding this that you can down load for free:

Q.1 A student is required to demonstrate a high level of comprehension of the subject, especially in the
social sciences.
The word closest in meaning to comprehension is
(A) understanding (B) meaning (C) concentration (D) stability

Q.2 Choose the most appropriate word from the options given below to complete the following
sentence.
One of his biggest ______ was his ability to forgive.
(A) vice (B) virtues (C) choices (D) strength

Q.3 Rajan was not happy that Sajan decided to do the project on his own. On observing his
unhappiness, Sajan explained to Rajan that he preferred to work independently.
Which one of the statements below is logically valid and can be inferred from the above sentences?
(A) Rajan has decided to work only in a group.
(B) Rajan and Sajan were formed into a group against their wishes.
(C) Sajan had decided to give in to Rajan’s request to work with him.
(D) Rajan had believed that Sajan and he would be working together.

Q.4 If y = 5x2 + 3, then the tangent at x = 0, y = 3
(A) passes through x = 0, y = 0 (B) has a slope of +1
(C) is parallel to the x-axis (D) has a slope of −1

Q.5 A foundry has a fixed daily cost of Rs 50,000 whenever it operates and a variable cost of Rs 800Q,
where Q is the daily production in tonnes. What is the cost of production in Rs per tonne for a daily
production of 100 tonnes?

Q. 6 – Q. 10 carry two marks each.
Q.6 Find the odd one in the following group: ALRVX, EPVZB, ITZDF, OYEIK
(A) ALRVX (B) EPVZB (C) ITZDF (D) OYEIK

Q.7 Anuj, Bhola, Chandan, Dilip, Eswar and Faisal live on different floors in a six-storeyed building
(the ground floor is numbered 1, the floor above it 2, and so on). Anuj lives on an even-numbered
floor. Bhola does not live on an odd numbered floor. Chandan does not live on any of the floors
below Faisal’s floor. Dilip does not live on floor number 2. Eswar does not live on a floor
immediately above or immediately below Bhola. Faisal lives three floors above Dilip. Which of the
following floor-person combinations is correct?
Anuj Bhola Chandan Dilip Eswar Faisal
(A) 6 2 5 1 3 4
(B) 2 6 5 1 3 4
(C) 4 2 6 3 1 5
(D) 2 4 6 1 3 5

Q.8 The smallest angle of a triangle is equal to two thirds of the smallest angle of a quadrilateral. The
ratio between the angles of the quadrilateral is 3:4:5:6. The largest angle of the triangle is twice its
smallest angle. What is the sum, in degrees, of the second largest angle of the triangle and the
largest angle of the quadrilateral?

Q.9 One percent of the people of country X are taller than 6 ft. Two percent of the people of country Y
are taller than 6 ft. There are thrice as many people in country X as in country Y. Taking both
countries together, what is the percentage of people taller than 6 ft?
(A) 3.0 (B) 2.5 (C) 1.5 (D) 1.25
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE Mathematics Previous year paper.pdf (454.8 KB, 60 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in