2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th August 2014, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: GATE exam reservation of NCC students

As per as my knowledge the GATE exam don’t have any rule for the reservation of NCC students, the reservations are only for the SC,ST and OBC category students.

SCs have 15%, STs have 7.5%, OBC (non-creamy layer) have 27% and PD 3%. 2 seats are reserved for preferential allotment in each institute for children of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations (DS category).

Eligibility for GATE:
The applicant should hold Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/Government

Some good books for GATE:

11th September 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

sir present 2014-2015 ncc (B-certfi)reservation or not please answer my questaion.......
19th March 2015, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the Reservation of NCC students in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exams as I want to apply in that category?
19th March 2015, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

As per my knowledge there is no reservation for NCC students in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exams. There is a fixed reservation for SC, ST, PwD, OBC expanded as Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with Physical Disability, Other Backward Classes respectively.

GATE 2015 Paper Pattern

In the application form, candidate needs to apply for one paper among the list of 22 papers.

As per GATE Pattern, questions shall be asked from general aptitude, language and skills.

There shall be 65 questions in total.

Total marks in the exam would be 100.

There would be 10 questions on general aptitude of 15 marks weight.

GATE 2015 Exam Format and Pattern – Type of questions

There shall be two types of questions in the exam question paper:

Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)

Question would have 4 options, out of which one would be correct.

Candidate has to mark his option in OMR sheet.

Weight of this question would be either 1 or 2 marks.

Numerical Answer Questions (NAs)

According to GATE Exam Pattern, candidate has to solve numerical questions on sheet and mark their answers on computer.

Weight of this question would be either 1 or 2 marks.

Answers of these questions would be a real number which is to be filled in the box using numeric keypad.

No options for such type of questions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in