2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th April 2013, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: G S College of Commerce & Economics, Jabalpur

As you are looking for the syllabus of B.Com. I Sem Computer Application Syllabus for G S College of Commerce & Economics so here I am sharing with you.

B.Com Ist Sem Computer Application Syllabus

UNIT – I
What is Computer, Evolution of Computers, their classification & limitations, Generation of Computer, Uses of computers in modern society, Characteristics and Types of desktop, Laptop, Notebook, Palmtop, Workstation. Block diagram of computer processing system, CPU (Control Unit, ALU Registers) Introduction to number systems (Binary, Octal & Hexa decimal) character codes (BCD, EBCDIC, ASCII), Introduction to Software and types of Software.

UNIT - II
Input devices and functions-Keyboard, Mouse, Track ball, Joystick, Digitizer, Tablet, Scanners, Digital Camera, OMR, OCR, Barcode reader, Voice Input System Light pen, Touch Screen.
Output Devices and Functions - Characteristic & Type of Monitor, VGA, SVGA, XVGA, LCD Screen etc. Printers - Impact & Non Impact Printers, Character Printer, Line Printer, Page Printer, Plotter.

UNIT - III
Memory- Primary (RAM, Dynamic and Static RAM, ROM-PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, Cache, Virtual, Extended and Expanded) and Secondary Memory (Floppy disk and Hard disk with details of cluster, FAT, track,) Power supply and Distribution.
Storage Devices - Function of Storage Devices - Magnetic Tape, Harddisk Drives, Pen Drives, Floppy Disk, CD, VCD, CDR, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-RW.

UNIT - IV
What is an operating System, Types of operating system with examples single user (MS-DOS) and Multi-user (UNIX), Functions of operating system- Memory management, CPU Management, File Management, I/O Device Management, Data Management, time sharing, Security, communication
Wild cards, relative and absolute path, Booting System (ROM BIOS, POST, io.sys, msdos.sys, Autoexes.bat, Configuration system, Commands. com).
Internal and External Commands with Syntax. Internal Commands - CLS, DATE, TIME MD, CD, RD, DEL, PROMT, TYPE, COPYCON, DIR, REN, DELETE, COPY, External Commands- CHKDSK, SCANDISK, MEM, ATTRIB, XCOPY, DISKCOPY, DISKCOMP, BACKUP, RESTORE etc.

UNIT - V
Introduction to Windows Xp, Parts of Windows screen - Desktop Icons, Windows, Anatomy of a Window, The title bar, Minimize and Maximize Button, The control Box, Scroll Bars, Scroll Buttons and Scroll Boxes, Changing Screen Saver and Background, Application and Document Windows Changing Date & time.
My Computer, My Documents,Recycle Bin, Creating Folder, Windows Explorer, Searching, Moving files, Copy, Delete and Rename files, Creating Shortcuts.
Reference Books -
1. Windows Based Computer Course, Gurvinder Singh, English
2. Fundamentals of Informatin Technology, Chetan Srivastava, English
3. Fundamentals of Computer, Rajaraman, English
4. Fundamental of Computer – A.Mansoor (Pragya) Hindi/English

Address:
G.S. College of Commerce and Economics
Jabalpur,
Madhya Pradesh
Principal Office 91-761-4046086,2678646
Registrar Office 91-761- 2678646 Mb No.919753868409
Fax 91-761-4046086
E-Mail principal@gscollege.org

Map:
[MAP]http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=G+S+College+of+Commerce+%26+Economics,+Jaba lpur&hl=en&ll=23.165101,79.956071&spn=0.010752,0.0 20428&hq=gs+college+of+commerce+%26+economics&hnea r=Jabalpur,+Madhya+Pradesh&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in