2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2015, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: FPM IIM Kashipur

You are looking here to know about the course work of the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) offered by the IIM Kashipur . I am here giving you the same .

Course work of the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM):

Fellow Programme in Management program is 2 year program .

Programme consists of four stages:
First Year of coursework
Second Year of coursework
Comprehensive Exam and Viva Voce
Thesis

Coursework detail :

Coursework of First Year

Courses in three terms in first year will consist of:
1 – 2 PGP first year core courses consisting of at least one area course if it is offered in the corresponding term (these courses are decided by area chairs in the area of specialization/interest in consultation with area members) in each of term I, II and III (FPM scholars will take these courses with PGP first year students)

2-3 FPM level courses in base disciplines (foundation area subjects) like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Sociology etc. (these courses are decided by area chairs in the area of specialization/interest in consultation with area members) in each of term I, II and III – level a and b courses together will have 4 courses in each term for each scholar and area chairs will provide the list of these 4 courses after taking into account desirable mix and sequencing of the courses.

FPM level compulsory research courses “Quantitative Research Methods” (term I), “Qualitative Research Methods” (term II) and “Research Communication / Crafting Research Output” (term III) for all scholars.

Coursework of Second Year

The second year of the program is intended for acquiring in depth knowledge of the area of specialization and related fields through FPM level courses. The scholars will complete 9 FPM level courses with 3 courses in each term.

At least 6 of these courses will be from area of specialization/interest. Maximum 3 courses can be taken by scholars from cross disciplinary areas. The list of FPM courses for scholars will be decided by area chairs after detailed consultations in the area with other area members.

The scholars may be sent to attend one term in 2nd year (either term IV or V) in the FPM programme of another premier Institute through Institute level collaboration.

IIM Kashipur
Email: mehak.sharma@iimkashipur.ac.in
Email: csd@iimkashipur.ac.in
Ph No: +91-5947262174-76 Ext 423

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in