2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

EVS Syllabus for MDU

After completing Graduation from IGNOU now I want to do M.Sc. Environmental Science from MDU or Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, can you provide me the syllabus for M.Sc. Environmental Science as I want to check it before applying for the course in MDU or Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
6th August 2018, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Re: EVS Syllabus for MDU

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc. Environmental Science Program offered by Department of Environmental Sciences Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak?
6th August 2018, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of M.Sc. Environmental Science Program offered by Department of Environmental Sciences Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak is as follows:

Semester-I
ENV - 201 Environmental Toxicology

Unit - I

Toxic chemicals in the environment - air, water & their effects, Pesticides in water, Biochemicals aspects of arsenic, cadmium, lead mercury, carbon monoxide, ozone and PAN pesticide.

Unit - 2
Mode of entry of toxic substance, biotransformation of xenobiotics detoxification, Carcinogens in air, chemical carcinogenicity, mechanism of carcinogenicity, Environmental carcinogenicity testing.

Unit - 3
Insecticides, MIC effects. Concept of major, trace and Rare Earth Element (REE)- possible effects of imbalance of some trace elements

Unit- 4
Biogeochemical factors in environmental health,. Epidemiological issues goiter, fluorosis, arsenic poisoning.

References :
1. Environmental chemistry - Sodhi
2. Principals of Environmental chemistry - Manhan
3. Environmental hazards & human health R.B. Philip
4. Toxicology - principles & applications - Niesink & Jon devries
5. Parasitology - Chatterjee
6. Preventive & Social medicines Perk

Syllabus M.Sc. Environmental Science Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak

29th November 2019, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc. Environmental Science Program offered by Department of Environmental Sciences Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in