2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd June 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Essay Writing UPCAT

I have come to know that Essay Writing Portion is added to Uttar Pradesh Common Entrance Test (UPCAT) . Would you please tell me what type of Questions are asked in Essay Writing ? Please provide me a book that contain UPCAT Essay Questions so I will practice from it .
Similar Threads
Thread
Essay writing topics for MBA
Essay Writing For IBPS PO
NUJS Essay Writing Competition
UPSC Essay Writing
Essay Writing Practice
IIFT Essay Writing Tips
Essay Writing Topics
Format of essay writing
Practice Essay Writing
Essay Writing Topics for MBA
Essay Writing in SBI PO Exam
Writing An Analysis Essay
MBA Essay Writing
Essay Writing format
GRE Essay Writing
MBA essay writing
IBPS Essay Writing
IBPS PO Essay Writing
Essay Writing In Amity University
Help Writing College Entrance Essay
19th January 2020, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Essay Writing UPCAT

3 Tips on Writing an UPCAT/ACET/SAT Essay

Write with a structure in mind.

It's easy to think of writing as some sort of creative non-mechanical process that just comes out of the blue, so many students write their hearts out when they make essays. The problem is, you have less than 30 minutes to make one and, let's face it, you're no Ernest Hemingway or Pablo Neruda. At least not yet.

The most straightforward solution that offers relative consistency in its results, regardless of the essay prompt, is to stick to an essay format you're comfortable with and which you'll basically just have to "fill in the spaces." The easiest to remember is the intro-body-conclusion format, but choose whatever suits you best, as long as you're comfortable writing with it quickly and you won't end up with an incoherent directionless mess of an essay.

Tips for your ACET Application Essay

2. Make your thesis (your main idea) clear.

Start with that in response to a prompt. What is your thesis, your position, or your response to the essay question? Then make it very clear to the reader what your main idea is, usually by explicitly writing a sentence that states your main idea somewhere in the essay. Don't bumble around and put random thoughts that don't necessarily contribute to your main idea, but another related, yet distinctly different idea.

3. Prepare good examples for just about any situation.

Supporting examples are the bread and butter of any essay, yet many students fail to use them adequately. Don't rely on useless personal anecdotes (Ex. When I was thirteen, my sister scolded me for .../ My mother said that....), rhetoric, religion and cliched fables on human life. They won't lend any legitimate support to your essay from the point of view of the reader.

Instead, use examples from books you have read and historical or current events, so stack up on those, especially with books that have such a wide swathe of examples that you can use for just about any thesis statement

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in