2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2015, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Error 806 VPN GRE

Hey buddy will you please get me the solution of Error 806 VPN GRE so that I can make the connection again?
Similar Threads
Thread
CLAT Website Error
Fundamental Attribution Error
Error Code RPC S-5 AEC-0
AIPMT Error
Sentry MBA error 430
MBA api error 407
Ip error sentry MBA
Initializing MBA error
IAF Token Error
5th December 2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Error 806 VPN GRE

As per your demand I will help you here to get the solution of Error 806 VPN GRE so that you can have idea about it.

Error 806
It is a connection between your computer and the VPN server has been established but the VPN connection cannot be completed.

The most common cause for this is that there is at least one internet device between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow GRE protocol packets

Verify that protocol 47 GRE is allowed on all personal firewall devices or routers. If the problem remains, contact your administrator.

Error 8 Resolutions:

1) if you have a router/firewall, make sure you open TCP Port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE).

2) make sure you can reach the VPN server by using ping. Sometimes, poor connection can cause this issue too.

3) You may need to updated firmware on a router or firewall.

4) The VPN server may not be able to get IP from DHCP for the VPN client. So, you
may want to re-configure VPN host networking settings. for XP pro VPN host, go to the Properties of the VPN>Network, check Specify TCP/IP address and Allow calling computer to specify its own IP address, and uncheck Assign TCP/IP addresses automatically using DHCP.

5) Make sure other secure software blocks your access, for example, if you use Norton secure software, you may need to add the remote client's IP so that the client can access.

6) If your VPN running on a Windows RRAS with NAT enabled, you may want to check the NAT settings.06:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in