2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th November 2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Entrance Exam Of IAS

The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) Etc

Eligibility Criteria :

Nationality :
One may be Citizen of India

Age Limit :
candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 year

Age Relaxation for Reserved Category :

Prescribed age limits vary with respect to caste reservations. For other backwards castes (OBC) the upper age limit is 35, and for scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST) the limit is 37 years.

Number of Attempt :
General category candidates = 5
OBC category candidates = 7
SC/ST candidates = unlimited attempts till 37 years of age

Qualification

The candidate must hold a degree of any University that is recognized by the state or central government. A degree received through Correspondence Education or Distance Education. A degree from an Open University. A qualification recognized by the Government of India

Examination Pattern :

the IAS Exam Has Two Papers

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam

The IAS Preliminary exam (objective / multiple choice questions type) has two papers:

i. Paper – I (General Studies: duration – 2 hours; Marks – 200)

ii. Paper – II (Civil Services Aptitude Test duration – 2 hours; Marks – 200)

The second stage of the civil services is IAS Mains Exam (subjective or descriptive type) and it consists a total of 9 papers which is divided as given below:

General Studies Paper I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
General Studies Paper II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
General Studies Paper III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)

General Studies Paper IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Optional Subject Paper I
Optional Subject Paper II
Language Paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in