2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st August 2014, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Energy Manager Exam details

The Bureau Of Energy Efficiency (BEE) conducts recruitment examination for the post of Energy Manager.

Eligibility:
a graduate Engineer or equivalent with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning can apply for the exam.

Syllabus:
Chapter 01 Energy Scenario
Chapter 02 Basics of energy and it's various forms
Chapter 03 Energy management and audit
Chapter 04 Material and Energy Balance
Chapter 05 Energy action planning
Chapter 06 Financial management
Chapter 07 Project management
Chapter 08 Energy Monitoring and Targeting
Chapter 09 Global Environmental Concerns

For detailed information download the attachment given below:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Energy Manager Exam notification.pdf (837.5 KB, 188 views)
18th November 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Energy manager exam details

Here I am looking for details of energy manager exam so will you please provide me some details.
18th November 2014, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Energy manager exam details

Here you are looking for some details of energy manager exam, as you want here I am providing you.

There are two courses:

Energy managers
Energy auditors

Eligibility:

Candidates must have to complete Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.

Candidates without requisite work experience are not eligible to register for the examination.

Examination Papers for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors:

Paper I - General Aspects of Energy Management & Energy Audit - 3 Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:150

Paper II - Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities - 3Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks: 150

Paper III - Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities - 3Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:150

Paper IV- Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility systems (Open Book Examination) - 2Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:100

b) The candidate appearing for Energy Manager Examination has to pass all the above THREE papers, viz., Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III and obtain a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in each paper.

c) The candidate appearing for Energy Auditor Examination has to pass all the above FOUR papers viz., Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III & Paper-IV and obtain a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in each paper.

d) Question Papers for Energy Manager and Energy Auditor are common for the first three papers viz. Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. Energy Auditor candidate passing the above three papers shall be eligible for award of Energy Manager Certification. This clause is not applicable to the supplementary candidates of the 1st National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors conducted in 2004.

e) The degree of difficulty in Paper-IV will be comparatively much higher than other papers.

f) Medium of examination is English.

g) Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III shall consist of objective and descriptive type questions.

h) The Paper-IV for Energy Auditors will be an open book examination and shall consist of descriptive and numerical questions.

Application Fee (for new candidates):

Rs.500/ for general candidates
Rs.250/- for SC/ST/OBC Self-sponsored candidates (Having annual income less than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum)

Certification Fee (inclusive of Examination, Guide Books and Certification):
1) Rs.10, 000/- for Self-sponsored candidates
2) Rs.5000/- for Self-sponsored candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and having annual income less than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum
3) Rs.20, 000/- for Company Sponsored candidates.

How to prepare for this examination

Following Guide Books are particularly developed for the candidates appearing for the exam:

Paper-I:General Aspects of Energy Management & Energy Audit

Paper-II:Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities

Paper-III:Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities

Paper-IV:Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility

If you want any more details about give information please let me know we will provide you.
28th February 2015, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

I am searching for the National Certificate Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors Model question paper? Can you please tell me from where I can download this?
28th February 2015, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

You are looking for the National Certificate Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors Model question paper. Here I am uploading a file that contains the National Certificate Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors Model question paper. You can download this from here. Here I am also providing you some content of the file. This is as follows:

S-2 List any two losses that are difficult to measure while determining the furnace efficiency evaluation.

S-3 What is the relation between effectiveness and length of the heat exchanger for the same duty?

S-4 Which method is used to find the calorific value of unburned contents in the fly ash and bottom ash

S-5 How to determine the Friction & wind age loss alone in electric motor efficiency evolution.?

S-6 Explain the characteristic of power factor in electric motor with VSD and without VSD drives?

S-7 What is the main difference in the system characteristics curves between fans and pumps distribution network.

S-8 How to ensure the accurate measurements in squire duct while measuring the airflow with pit tot tubes.

S-9 Which of the following is better choice for maximum power generation and why?
Site A: wind speed of 25 KM per hour & capacity factor 20%
Site B: wind speed of 29 KM per hour & capacity factor 19%

S-10 Compare the advantages between Direct burning process and Biogas generation foe effective utilization of Cow dung

Section - II: LONG DESCRIPTIVE QUESTIONS Marks: 2 x 5 = 10

(i) Answer all Two questions
(ii) Each question carries Five marks

L-1 (i) What are the methods of recycling of waste minimization and Give two example each.

L-2 In an industrial office building lighting system, the ILER ratio has been improved from 0.6 to 0.8 for reducing lighting power consumption by modifying fittings layout. The initial lighting circuit load was 5KW. Calculate the percentage of waste reduction and annual energy savings if operating period is 10 hours and 360 days /year

1. The fuel type, which is fastest growing among world energy consumption
a) Coal b) Oil
c) Natural Gas d) Nuclear Energy
2. The percentage of primary energy consumption of India in the total world energy consumption is
a) 3.5 % b) 7 % c) 10.5 % d) 1 %
3. What is the current Reserves/Production ratio of coal in India

a) 180 b)200 c) 230 d) 290
4. The % of crude oil import bill of India in the year 2020 will be .
a) 72. b) 77 c) 82 d) 92.
5. Which one of the following is not considered as a pollutant
a) CO2 b) SO2 c) CO dVOCs
6. The major contribution of CO pollutant In the urban area is due to
a) 90 % of industrial pollution b) 90 % of road transport
c) 90 % residential and commercial d) all of the above
7. CAGR means
a) Compound annual growth rate
b) Compound average growth rate
c) Compound annual growth ratio
d) Compound average growth ratio
8. What is the heat content of the 200 liters of water at 50oC in terms of the basic unit of energy in K.Joules
a) 3000 b) 2388 c) 1000 d) 4187
9. What is the heat required to melt 2 kg of ice from Zero degree to liquid water at zero degree in KJ ?
a)672 b) 6000 c) 6048 d) 8374
10. The rate of energy transfer is measured in
a) Jules/Second b) K.Cal/hr c) BTU/hr d)all of the above
11. Which of the following is most accurate instrument for surface temperature measurement of the hot pipe line
a) Thermocouples c) Infrared Thermometer
b) Leaf type contact thermometer d) All of the above
12. Which one of the following is not considered for external benchmarking :

a) Scale of Operation b) Vintage of Technology
c) Energy Price d) Quality of Raw Material and Products
13 In inductive and resistive circuit, the effective power factor will be
a) less than 1 b) more than 1 c) zero d) one
14. Which of the following factor to be taken into account while procurement of fuel ?
a) Gross Calorific Value b) Moisture content
c)Cost at Site d) All of the above
15. A single phase 2.5 hp AC motor has the name plate details as 230v,10 amps and PF 0.8. the operating details are 220Volt, 8 amps and 0.7 PF what is the % loading of motor
a) 67% b) 77 c) 80 d) 60
16. Which are the following is not correct as per Law of Conservation of Mass ?

a) Mass in = Mass out + Mass Stored
b) Raw material in = Product + Waste + Stored Material
c)Raw material in = Product + Waste + Stored material + Internal Recycling
d) All are the above
17 Which of the following formula is useful to determine the heat duty in conducting heat balance?
a) Q = M.Cp.Δ T b) Q = AV c) PV = n RT d) None of the above
18 Utilization of Solar drying instead of washing machine for clothe drying purpose is called
a) Energy substitutions b)Energy efficiency measure
c) Fuel substitution d) None of the above
19 The velocity of cold air in the air-conditioning duct can be measured by
a) pitot tube b) anemometer c) both a & b d) none of the above
20 Which one of the following is not important to the successful energy management in all organizations?
a) Top management support b) Good Monitoring system
c) Strategic Planning d) Procuring low cost energy
21. Which one of the following is not an important duty of a certified energy manager ?
a) Report to BEE and State level designated agencies
b) Prepare a scheme for efficient use of energy
c) Establish an improved data recording and analysis
d) Create knowledge bank on sectoral and national development on energy efficiency technology and information
22 Which of the following is not common normalizing factor in industrial facilities?
a) Input b) Output c) Product type d) Operating hours
23 Which of the following is a negative force in force field analysis?
a) High price of energy b) High energy share of component of production cost
c) Availability of energy efficient technology d) Competing corporate priorities
24 Which of the following equation can be used to calculate the future value from the present value of cash.?
a) NPV = FV x (1 + i)n b) FV= NPV x (1 - i)n
c) NPV =FV/ (1 + i)n d)NON OF THE ABOVE.
25 What is the expected ROI from the project with Rs.5 lakhs investment and annual saving of Rs.1.75 lakhs and annual operating cost of Rs.0.25 lakhs
a) 25 b) 30 c) 35 d) 40
26 ESCO means
a) Energy saving companies b) Energy service companies
c) Energy supply companies d) Energy saving corporation
27 A 500 kg of wet cloth with 50% moisture at 25o is dried to 5% moisture in stenter steam drying machine. What is the moisture content removed from the cloth ?
a) 237 b) 263 c) 275 d) 225
28 Which of the following is not considered in CPM method Network Diagram?
a) Duration of each activities b) Dependency of activities
c) Time variation d) None of the above
Which of the following condition is useful to determine the critical path in the PERT Network ?
a) ES = LS and EF = LF b) ES = LF and EF = LS
c) ES= EF and LS = LF d) None of the above
30 Which is not a fast track CDM Projects among the following ?
a) Biomass Power Plant up to 15 MW
b) Photovoltaic Power Plant up to 15 MW
c) Plantation Project upto 15 kiloTon of CO2 equivalent reduction annually
d) Energy efficiency improvement projects up to 15 MW Power Reduction annually
31 Ozone layer is found in the stratosphere between
a) 5 to 50 km above the ground b) 10 to 50 km above the ground
c) 50 to 100 km above the ground d) 10 to 100 km above the ground
32 In a heat treatment furnace 500 kg/hr. iron material is heated from 27.5oC to 850oC. Specific heat of the material is 1.8 K.cal/ kg. oC What is the heat duty in KW?

a) 500 b) 900 c) 860 d) None of the above
33 In a chemical process reactant A and B are mixed in the ratio of 100 kg:200 kg. The yield will be resulted in the ratio of 50 : 50 . What is the amount of yield in kg?
a) 100 b)150 c) 200 d) 300
34 Which of the following is a macro factor for sensitivity analysis?
a) change in capital structure b) change in project duration
c) changes of the firms of finance d) change in tax rates
35 Sensitivity analysis is carried out for which purpose of the following assessment?
a) Profit b) Losses
c) risk d) all of the above
36 A factor that reflects the risk of the project while evaluating the net present value for the expected future cash flow is:
a) Discount rate b) Internal rate of return
c) Capital Cost d) All of the above
37 The annual electricity bill for a plant is Rs. 40 lakhs and accounts for 25% of the total energy bill. The annual energy bill for the company
a) ) Rs. 40 lakhs b) Rs. 80 lakhs c) Rs. 160 lakhs d) none of the above
38 Critical path in a PERT network diagram
a) is the shortest path in a network
b) where all activities of long duration fall
c) path that has no slack for all activity in that path
d) none of the above.
39 Matching energy use to requirement means providing
a) just providing theoretical energy needed b) just the designers’ needs
c) energy with minimum losses d) all of the above
40 The internal rate of return is the discount rate for which the NPV is
a) Zero b) positive c) Negative d) None of the above
41 The fixed energy consumption plant is 5000 Kwh. The specific energy consumption of the product is 1200 Kwh/Ton . What is the total energy consumption for the production of 100 Tons / day?
a) 120,000 b) 125,000 c) 6,200 d) 50,000
42 The last step in a project development cycle is
a) Identify components of the project b) Implement the project
c) arrange finance d) Close out the project
43 For an investment which has a fluctuating savings over its project life which of these analysis would be the best option
a) SPP b) ROI c) NPV d) none of the above
44 Data required to plot a moving annual total chart
a) Month wise production b) Month wise energy consumption
c) Both a & b d) Annual production & annual energy consumption
45 What is the “toe” of 125 Ton of coal which has GCV of 4000 K.cal / kg
a) 40 b) 50 c) 400 d) 500
46 How many molecules are destroyed by a single CFC molecules before it depletes.
a) 101 b) 103 c) 105 d) 107
47 ODS means
a) Ozone depleting substances b) Ozone diluting substances
c) Ozone disturbed space d) None of the above
48 GWP of Nitrous Oxide component CO2
a) 21 b) 210 c) 27 d) 270
49 India comes under which of the following category as per Kyoto protocol
a) Annex I Parties b) Annex 2 Parties
c) Annex 1 & 2 Parties d) Non Annex Parties
50 What is the size of the market for emission reduction in the world is
a) one million ton of carbon reduction by during the commitment period 2008-2012
b) one billion ton of carbon reduction by during the commitment period 2008-2012
c) one billion ton of carbon reduction by during the commitment period 2005-2010
d) one trillion ton of carbon reduction by during the commitment period 2005-2010

Section - II: SHORT DESCRIPTIVE QUESTIONS Marks: 10 x 5 = 50

(i) Answer all Ten questions
(ii) Each question carries Five marks

S-1 (i) List down the role of state and central govt in implementation of Energy conservation act 2001?
(ii) What is energy conservation building s code?

S-2 What are the different phases of detailed energy audit and list down the aims of the preliminary site visit?

S-3 An insulated Electric heater of 6 KW was replaced with low pressure steam heater for furnace oil heating in Thermic fluid heating system .The avg electricity consumption per day is 120 kwh. Find out the quantity of steam consumption if steam at temperature 121oc with enthalpy of 642 kcal/kg and per day. Electricity cost is 4Rs/unitPlant steam cost is Rs 0.50/kg. What is cost reduction per day?

S-4 What is an objective of the energy policy in an organization? List down the typical format of energy policy

S-5 Explain Quantitative Reviews and Qualitative Reviews while analyzing after conducting energy audit?

S-6 Define the IRR of a project and indicate its limitation and advantages.

S-7 Cold Air at 25oC is supplied through a square duct to a air-conditioning building . The velocity and quantity of cold air flow are 2 m/s and 250 m3/ hr. respectively. Find out the size of the square duct in mm.

S-8 What are the 3 time estimate used for constructing PERT Network? One of the activity has 3 time estimate of 4 weeks, 5 weeks and 6 weeks in a PERT Network diagram. Find out the expected time to complete the activity and it’s variance of the activity

S-9 What are the Global warming implications and how India could affect by this climatic change?

S-10 (i) What is the sensitivity analysis? List down 4 micro factors that are considered in the above analysis.
29th May 2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to apply for Bureau of Energy Efficiency Entrance Exam for the post of Energy Managers so can you please give me some details about this exam?
29th May 2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Bureau of Energy Efficiency Entrance Exam for the post of Energy Managers and Energy Auditors is conducted by the National Productivity Council on behalf Bureau of Energy Efficiency, under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.

Eligibility
For Energy Managers
Candidates must be Graduate Engineer or equivalent with 3 years of work experience
Or
M.Tech/ M.E. or equivalent with 2 years of work experience

BEE Entrance Exam Pattern
There will be 4 papers in 2 days i.e. 2 paper each day:
Paper Subject
Paper-1 General Aspects of Energy Management & Energy Audit
Paper-2 Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities
Paper-3 Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities
Paper-4 Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility systems

BEE Entrance Exam Syllabus
Paper I: General Aspects of Energy Management and Energy Audit
Energy Scenario: Commercial and Non-commercial energy, primary energy resources, commercial energy production, final energy consumption, energy needs of growing economy, long term energy scenario, energy pricing, energy sector reforms, energy and environment, energy security, energy conservation and its importance.
Re-structuring of the energy supply sector, energy strategy for the future, air pollution, climate change. Energy Conservation Act-2001 and its features.
Basics of Energy and its various forms: Electricity basics- DC & AC currents, electricity tariff, Thermal Basics-fuels, thermal energy contents of fuel, temperature & pressure, heat capacity, sensible and latent heat, evaporation, condensation, steam, moist air and humidity & heat transfer, units and conversion.
Energy Management & Audit: Definition, need and types of energy audit. Energy management (audit) approach-understanding energy costs, bench marking, energy performance, matching energy use to requirement, maximizing system efficiencies, optimizing the input energy requirements, fuel & energy substitution, energy audit instruments.
Material and Energy balance: Facility as an energy system, methods for preparing process flow, material and energy balance diagrams.
Energy Action Planning: Key elements, force field analysis, Energy policy purpose, perspective, contents, formulation, ratification, Organizing - location of energy management, top management support, managerial function, roles and responsibilities of energy manager, accountability. Motivating-motivation of employees: Information system-designing barriers, strategies; Marketing and communicating-training and planning.
Financial Management: Investment-need, appraisal and criteria, financial analysis techniques-simple pay back period, return on investment, net present value, internal rate of return, cash flows, risk and sensitivity analysis; financing options, energy performance contracts and role of ESCOs.
Project Management: Definition and scope of project, technical design, financing, contracting, implementation and performance monitoring. Implementation plan for top management, Planning Budget, Procurement Procedures, Construction, Measurement & Verification.
Energy Monitoring and Targeting: Defining monitoring & targeting, elements of monitoring & targeting, data and information-analysis, techniques -energy consumption, production, cumulative sum of differences (CUSUM).
Global environmental concerns: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC), sustainable development, Kyoto Protocol, Conference of Parties (COP), Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Prototype Carbon fund (PCF).

Paper 2: Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities
Fuels and Combustion: Introduction to fuels, properties of fuel oil, coal and gas, storage, handling and preparation of fuels, principles of combustion, combustion of oil, coal and gas.
Boilers: Types, combustion in boilers, performances evaluation, analysis of losses, feed water treatment, blow down, energy conservation opportunities.
Steam System: Properties of steam, assessment of steam distribution losses, steam leakages, steam trapping, condensate and flash steam recovery system, identifying opportunities for energy savings.
Furnaces: Classification, general fuel economy measures in furnaces, excess air, heat distribution, temperature control, draft control, waste heat recovery.
Insulation and Refractories: Insulation-types and application, economic thickness of insulation, heat savings and application criteria, Refractory-types, selection and application of refractories, heat loss.
FBC boilers: Introduction, mechanism of fluidized bed combustion, advantages, types of FBC boilers, operational features, retrofitting FBC system to conventional boilers, saving potential.
Cogeneration: Definition, need, application, advantages, classification and saving potentials.
Waste Heat Recovery: Classification, advantages and applications, commercially viable waste heat recovery devices, saving potential.

Paper 3: Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities
Electrical system: Electricity billing, electrical load management and maximum demand control, power factor improvement and its benefit, selection and location of capacitors, performance assessment of PF capacitors, distribution and transformer losses.
Electric motors: Types, losses in induction motors, motor efficiency, factors affecting motor performance, rewinding and motor replacement issues, energy saving opportunities with energy efficient motors.
Compressed Air System: Types of air compressors, compressor efficiency, efficient compressor operation, Compressed air system components, capacity assessment, leakage test, factors affecting the performance and savings opportunities
HVAC and Refrigeration System: Vapor compression refrigeration cycle, refrigerants, coefficient of performance, capacity, and factors affecting Refrigeration and Air conditioning system performance and savings opportunities.
Vapor absorption refrigeration system: Working principle, types and comparison with vapor compression system, saving potential
Fans and blowers: Types, performance evaluation, efficient system operation, flow control strategies and energy conservation opportunities.
Pumps and Pumping System: Types, performance evaluation, efficient system operation, flow control strategies and energy conservation opportunities.
Cooling Tower: Types and performance evaluation, efficient system operation, flow control strategies and energy saving opportunities assessment of cooling towers.
Lighting System: Light source, choice of lighting, luminance requirements, and energy conservation avenues.
Diesel Generating system: Factors affecting selection, energy performance assessment of diesel conservation avenues.
Energy Efficient Technologies in Electrical Systems: Maximum demand controllers, automatic power factor controllers, energy efficient motors, soft starters with energy saver, variable speed drives, energy efficient transformers, electronic ballast, occupancy sensors, energy efficient lighting controls, energy saving potential of each technology.

Paper-4: Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility Systems

Open Book examination on the following energy performance assessments for equipment and utility systems:
Boilers, Furnaces
Cogeneration, Turbines (gas, steam)
Heat Exchangers
Electric Motors, Variable Speed Drives
Fans and Blowers, Water Pumps, Compressors
HVAC systems
Lighting Systems
Performing Financial Analysis.
Applications of Non-conventional & Renewable Energy Sources (NRES)
Waste minimization and resource conservation

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in