2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th August 2018, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: Eligibility For WB TET

I am living in West Bengal and interested in the field of teaching planning to apply for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility (WB TET). Will you tell what the eligibility to apply for WB TETE exam along with Qualification for Teachers of Classes I-V also provide all important dates?
6th August 2018, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility For WB TET

West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test acronym as WBTET is conducted by the Government of West Bengal for candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary (class I-V) and upper primary (VI-VIII) schools in the state of West Bengal.
Eligibility Criteria

Candidates should have following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE. However, the State governments may change the qualifications and eligibility requirements as per the GOs issued by them.
WB TET Qualification for Teachers of Classes I-V (Paper I):

Candidates should have passed in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks. Those appearing in final 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 - year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible. OR Candidates with BA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualification can also apply.

WB TET Qualification Teachers of Classes VI-VIII (Paper II)

Applicants having B.A. / B.Sc and those appearing in final 2-year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed/appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for WBSSC TET.

Important dates:

Starting Date of Application Form May 2019
Deadline date to submission Application form June 2019
Admit Card release date July 2019
WB TET Exam date 2019 August 2019
Results declaration date September 2019

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in