2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th July 2016, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility For SSC Junior Translator

As you want to write Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Hindi Translator exam and here come to know its eligibility , so on your demand here I am telling same for you :

Require eligibility :

Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in Hindi or English with English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level
OR
(b) Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi or English medium and English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level.

Age Limit: Candidates age limit should not exceed 30 years.
Age Relaxation:
Sr.No Category Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the Upper age limit
01 SC/ ST 5 years
02 OBC 3 years
03 PH 10 years
04 PH + OBC 13 years
05 PH + SC/ST 15 years
06 Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved / General) 03 years
07 Ex-Servicemen (OBC) 06 years
08 Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) 08 years

SSC Junior Hindi Translator Syllabus:
The examination will consist of two parts, viz. Part-I – Written Examination and Part II- Personality Test (Interview).

Paper-I:
a) General Hindi : 100 marks (Objective type)
b) General English : 100 marks (Objective type)

The questions will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words,phrases and idioms and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The questions will be of degree level.

Paper-II:
Translation and Essay: 200 Marks (Conventional Type)
The paper will contain two passages for translation-one passage for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi and English, to test the candidates’ translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in