2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th October 2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility Of LLB In Delhi University

No worries I will get details of University of Delhi, LLB program and will also tell you program eligibility criteria.

Eligibility
An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a approved and valid universities may apply for a three years degree program in law leading to conferment of LL.B. degree.

Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission to LLB:
The eligibility criteria for admission to LL.B. Degree course is as follows:-
i. For General candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in either of them.

ii. For other backward classes (OBC) candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University with at least 45% marks.

iii. For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates, a Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University with at least 40% marks. ( As per Bar Council of India requirements)

iv. Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to widows/wards of ex-servicemen as prescribed and wards of serving personnel (CW) category who are in receipt of Gallantry awards.

v. Relaxation of up to 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to the candidates belonging to physically handicapped (PH) category.

Here is the syllabus

Term 1
Compulsory Subjects
Jurisprudence-I (Legal method, Indian Legal System, and Basic Theory of Law).

Principles of Contract (General Principles).

Law of Torts (Nature, General Principles, General Defenses, specific Torts, Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Laws). LB 104: Law of Crimes: Indian Penal Code (Specific offences and General Principles).

Family Law-I (Hindu Law of Marriage, Adoption & Maintenance, Minority and Guardianship, Muslim Law of Marriage, Divorce and Dower & Acknowledgement of Paternity, wakfs and Endowments.

LLB program syllabus

Address:-
University of Delhi
Benito Juarez Rd, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021

Phone:-
011 2700 6900
26th December 2017, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Re: Eligibility Of LLB In Delhi University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me eligibility criteria to apply for LLB program with other details of course offered at University of Delhi?
Great Question!
Because before applying for DU LLB 2018 entrance test, you will have to make sure if you are eligible for it. You require to meet age criteria and educational criteria to be eligible for DU LLB entrance exam.

Age Criteria: Earlier there was Age Bar but now it has been removed as per HC Order.
Educational Qualification:

S.No. Category Min. marks requirement
1. General or unreserved category 50%
2. Other backward classes 45%
3. Wards or Widows of ex servicemen 45%
4. Wards of serving personnel 45%
5. Physically challenged 45%
6. Scheduled caste 40%
7. Scheduled tribe 40%

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in